grumby13

IA box recommendation

i will be purchasing either an IA DP 15D1 or an IA judge 15D1 and i would like to know a box recommendation for it and what tune would be good since there are no specs on here and their website. the other question is i want to fill the whole trunk with the box amp and second battery/ultracap i notice i will have a very tiny gap with the port facing the back(the trunk lid not the inside) for the ports to push air so i was going to do port and sub face up, just curious to know how much db i will lose from doing that instead of port back sub back or sub up

my max dimensions are

H:13.75in
W:42in
L:26 to 26.5in
port thinking mid 30's since it's for compete demoing and daily driver
that is 7.03 gross and 6.23 net after a displacement of a IA DP 15 and 6.22 net after a judge displacement

Edited by grumby13

Man, no one can tell you exactly how much you'll gain or lose with each orientation.  Not without them having done the EXACT same setup in the exact same vehicle and tested all possible orientations with a meter.  Even then those results wouldn't do you any good because there's no way to guarantee what they did and what you plan on doing would be exactly the same.

For someone who's not competing you're awfully hung up on numbers.

i do not know if it is right but i was told you can loose up to 1 or 2 db for a trunk car with port faceing up and same goes with port and sub facing in the cabin

those box recommendations are for the old style was what i was told since it does not in corporate the new design. but i could use that as a educated guess on what i could do

i do not know if it is right but i was told you can loose up to 1 or 2 db for a trunk car with port faceing up and same goes with port and sub facing in the cabin

You could also loose 1 or 2 dB by moving the box 1 inch closer to, or farther away from, any reflective surface.  What does that mean?  Absolutely nothing in the world of everyday listening.  Your ears are not really ever going to notice 1 or 2 dB.  Even if they could, without extensive testing of orientation you'd never know if you lost or gained it in the first place.  There are a million more important things to worry about than the loss of 1 or 2 dB from the sub in a daily driver.  In competition, of course, tenths of a decibel can mean the difference between winning and losing.  One or two whole decibels is a big big deal in that case, but for the everyday vehicle, for the everyday listener, with an everyday music selection it's just not that important.  As I had said before, without having already done the extensive testing with the exact same equipment, enclosure and vehicle none of us here can tell you exactly what you would gain or lose with a given orientation and placement.

Best bet is to email Incriminator to find out what's best for the new lineup!

i don't think they even know themselves on what is good for the new line up

Man, no one can tell you exactly how much you'll gain or lose with each orientation.  Not without them having done the EXACT same setup in the exact same vehicle and tested all possible orientations with a meter.  Even then those results wouldn't do you any good because there's no way to guarantee what they did and what you plan on doing would be exactly the same.

For someone who's not competing you're awfully hung up on numbers.

i am competeing just only at local show around my area not ready for my bigger build yet