I am wanting to upgrade my subwoofer from a my current sub to a single sundown x-15. I have a Power Acoustik crypt 1200w 4 channel amp hooked up to 2 Memphis m-class 6x9s and i was wondering if the amp could handle the new sub or if i would have to buy a new amp to power the sub and if i do have to buy a new one what amp would work well. thanks

I am wanting to upgrade my subwoofer from a my current sub to a single sundown x-15. I have a Power Acoustik crypt 1200w 4 channel amp hooked up to 2 Memphis m-class 6x9s and i was wondering if the amp could handle the new sub or if i would have to buy a new amp to power the sub and if i do have to buy a new one what amp would work well. thanks

Id look at a new sub amp. maybe something like http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Technix-800-1-amp-amplifier-800w-RMS-2000w-MAX-Class-D-1-ohm-stable-/111053236151?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item19db49e7b7

That would be a real nice match for that sub I think.

What is your budget?  

What is nominal impedance of your sub woofer? ( I would suggest a dual 2 ohm vc x15 for a nominal load of 1 ohm).

You are going to want a single channel class d amplifier to power a sub woofer with those power requirements.  

If it were me, I would be looking at amplifiers in the 1000 to 1500 watt at 1 ohm stable range.  Because of the black and blue sale in the SSA store I would look at http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/incriminator-audio-ia10-1-1200w-rms-amplifier.html

And always remember that amplifiers are more as important if not more than sub woofer choice, because after all the amplifier is providing the source for the sub woofer.

well i was hoping not to spend more then $600 in total. so maybe i should just go for a SA series instead. would my amp be fine for that or would a separate amp still be recommended?

I'm going to recommend NOT running a 1 ohm load on a daily driver, much harder on your electrical.  I'd stick to a 2 ohm sub and amp.