Sign in to follow this  
rasstarr

fi 18 subs?

i bought these 18 subs from a dude i know but im not sure which ones they are, i cant find a product # on them any help?

20131224_134954.jpg

Edited by rasstarr

More pictures would help, talk some shots of the motor and coil if you can.

Looks like the ssd 18 to me

Yep, my brother had one that he never used.  Definitely an old style SSD.

I just checked my old SSD's and the leads were different, but they were 12".

SSD to me

Yep, my brother had one that he never used.  Definitely an old style SSD.

Yup iirc 2007 SSD before they switched to the integrated leads.

SSDs they might be high QTS but you'll never know unless you read the marker on the inside of the motor

ok so i took a flashlight and look inside the little holes and seen ssd d2 written on the inside, but the other one i have has a different motor any ideas, is this one a different or newer one?

20140106_150239.jpg

Two different series SSD is my best guess.

The one with the single slug is either the newer style and is the most likely culprit, or it's an IB3.  The motor looks just a bit too big for the IB3 though which is why I'm siding with it being the newer style SSD.

You should be able to look through the holes on the frame and see that information on both subs.  The good news, and probably your next question, is that the old and new series subs are capable of being used together in the same enclosure.  As long as they're both D2 coils you should be golden.

They both seem to be SSDs. The first one I know is pre-09. The single slug is a 2010 as when they started to use that model. They both use the same coil, but you have to make sure they both are either copper or FW alum, because they now make copper coils standard but they didn't at this time.

I would email Fi or ask for this topic to be moved to Fi's section so Nick can chime in.

well after looking some more, i found ssd d2 written in both, but the newer one has bd written in it also, but look identical on the inside with copper coils,

Did you contact Fi about this? Their CS is quick and they would easily be able to identify these.

My IB3's motors are much bigger than those as well. Based on the recent line up I say they are ssd's of some version

i didnt contact fi, but the subs do say ssd for sure the smaller motor one has ssd bp 2ohm, and the ufo motor shape one has ssd, my friend put a meter on them and they both read 2 ohm, so im going to try it and see what happens

bp means it has cooling. If you look through the hole in the bottom of the motor that says bp you shouldn't be able to see the dust cap. It is plugged, early form of cooling was a machined compression plug.