My local walmart don't carry any AGMs

Why do you need AGMs? 

Why do you need AGMs? 

I don't have to I don't soppose,figured they be safer in the trunk.but I'm new to this so I don't know lol

Long as you mount them upright in a box and vent them, you can used standard lead-acid batteries.

Long as you mount them upright in a box and vent them, you can used standard lead-acid batteries.

vent the box or the trunk

I assume the battery box.

This is the bat I have now,will another be plenty for two bc2000's

post-29720-0-79784300-1390074353_thumb.j

You vent the battery box out of the trunk.  When batteries charge, they off-gas hydrogen gas.  This is explosive of course and under the correct conditions, can explode, so you want the box vented to the atmosphere.

You vent the battery box out of the trunk.  When batteries charge, they off-gas hydrogen gas.  This is explosive of course and under the correct conditions, can explode, so you want the box vented to the atmosphere.

main reason I was looking into agms but venting is no biggy either an save a few bucks

So their is no advantage of running AGM's over Lead acid other than being leak proof?  Wow- mind is blown.

"Car Audio" batteries are in the same league as "Car Audio" DC power cable... Don't buy into it...

There were some excellent non-car audio batteries suggested in this thread. I am a big proponent of Wal-Mart batteries. There is no specialty battery manufacturer that can match Wal-Marts capacity to dollar ratio, none...

110 got me a marine battery of decent size. Warrantied :)

Mine is lead acid, am I still one to be concerned about venting my batteries, even in an SUV? It's never unattended for periods of time longer than a day.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

So their is no advantage of running AGM's over Lead acid other than being leak proof? Wow- mind is blown.

There are several advantages, but they come at great expense in comparison to regular lead acid.

I wouldn't worry too much about battery or too in the cab.  There are millions of air-tight older Volkswagen beetles running around with batteries inside cab, none have every blown up...

I wouldn't worry too much about battery or too in the cab.  There are millions of air-tight older Volkswagen beetles running around with batteries inside cab, none have every blown up...

yea I'm just gonna add another battery just like the one under the hood an hope its plenty

I went with the duralast gold series for both my trucks. I use to run the optima red tops but the duralast gold had better CCAs than the red top and better reserve minutes as well. lets see for the xterra the duralast gold does 750 cca's compared to 720 cca's on the red top optima and the reserved minutes is 130 compared to the 90 on the red top. also with the xterra I don't have the big 3 or upgraded alt just the gold series battery and when there was bass in there the truck didn't drop below 14v. with the next system that's in the works I plan on upgrading the wiring from 4 to 0 gauage and do the big 3 and see what happens to the volts.

You can get Duracell AGM batteries from sams for 200 a piece very none exspensive.

So their is no advantage of running AGM's over Lead acid other than being leak proof? Wow- mind is blown.

There are several advantages, but they come at great expense in comparison to regular lead acid.

Thanks for clarifying...I was confused for a moment.  I knew that going from a standard Bat to a blue top Optima in my Vitara made a big difference in my lights dimming.  But i done the Big 3 at the same time. 

You can get Duracell AGM batteries from sams for 200 a piece very none exspensive.

I don't have one close,I assume there is one in Jackson or Memphis I'll have to Google it