Is there any good budget batteries.xs is more than I can bare at the moment.about to order a 250a alt from singer an possibly a 2nd bc2000 if I can find used.what would y'all recommend?

I would try Sears Platinum agm's.

I would try Sears Platinum agm's.

probably going with those.was curious if there where any another ones worth buying

O'Reillys has some didn't know if they where worth the money or not

O'Reillys has some didn't know if they where worth the money or not

The diehard gold agm is about the cheapest I have seen.

I have had good luck with my Die hard platinum 31m's. I believe the deka are pretty cheap and do the job.

At around $275, the diehard plats are hardly a budget battery. Less than XS? Yes but still pricey. Most auto parts stores sell their own version of the group 31 AGMs. Dekas can be found under $200 as well.

At around $275, the diehard plats are hardly a budget battery. Less than XS? Yes but still pricey. Most auto parts stores sell their own version of the group 31 AGMs. Dekas can be found under $200 as well.

Diehard golds are well under 200. More like 175 or less.

I don't know HIS budget. But that seems inexpensive enough.

My vote is on the Deka Intimidator's.  I've seen a few of these HEAVILY abused and lived for years.  One in particular was fully discharged more than half a dozen times, used to jump start some big rigs, ran stereo equipment, all kinds of  bad stuff and the same guy used the same battery until he got rid of the truck it was in after 6 years of abuse.  That, along with the price, was why I went with one in the Jimmy.

Around 2k which is plenty but I got to overhaul the supercharger replace sunroof new window regulators.and like to purchase a body kit an new hood but that's pushing it.

Oh and $400 alt.from singer

Edited by garychurch84

I don't know HIS budget. But that seems inexpensive enough.

Deka batteries are cheap to.

Who makes the best budget bat. I don't know?

I owned two kinetic 2400's and one agm extreme under the hood.....voltage regulator popped on me and voltage went from 13volts to 18volts fried all my batteries. Only battery I have left is the agm extreme because oreillys return policy is the bomb!!

I would buy locally, warranties do make a world of a difference on a battery.

Edited by Dictator

Also heard the agm extreme's(Group 34) at oreillys are rebadged deka's could order the group 31 if they have that option.

Also heard the agm extreme's(Group 34) at oreillys are rebadged deka's could order the group 31 if they have that option.

I've heard that as well.I'll check into it next time I goto town

"Car Audio" batteries are in the same league as "Car Audio" DC power cable...  Don't buy into it...

There were some excellent non-car audio batteries suggested in this thread.  I am a big proponent of Wal-Mart batteries.  There is no specialty battery manufacturer that can match Wal-Marts capacity to dollar ratio, none...

"Car Audio" batteries are in the same league as "Car Audio" DC power cable...  Don't buy into it...

There were some excellent non-car audio batteries suggested in this thread.  I am a big proponent of Wal-Mart batteries.  There is no specialty battery manufacturer that can match Wal-Marts capacity to dollar ratio, none...

Thank you for your input.

I think bjs had great prices too. Good return exchange policy as w well

What is bjs?

+1

I agree what ever is cheaper take it!! but least have one year warranty, two or three years would be a no doubt buy!

What is bjs?

poor guy. You never had one?

What is bjs?

poor guy. You never had one?

Damn lol.didn't figure that's what he was talkin about.

If you have a Rural King near, check them out.  Cheapest you will find and Exide makes good shit.

If you have a Rural King near, check them out.  Cheapest you will find and Exide makes good shit.

yes sir I do.I' all check them out thx

absolutely ... I've run Walmart batteries in my vehicles for years with no problems ...

I really like their warranties, but never had to use them ... LOL