Sign in to follow this  
CBFryman

Asking for Prayers

Friday night, yes cinco de mayo, a some-what good friend of mine "mike" was heading to a wedding reception after going back to the house to pick something up. On his way through an intersection some one else, who is a friend of mine but who had little but an aquaintance with mike, ran the stop sign and clipped the him. He lost controll of his truck and was ejected. I have yet to speak with his parents to find the facts about what happened exactly but the two stories are 1.) he was ejected and while in the air collided with oncomming taffic 2.) he was ejected and the truck rolled over him.

He was pronounced dead at the scene and was airlifted to Shands & UF in Gainsville. He had a 15% chance of living after they revived him. He has Suvere Head Truma, a Punctured Lung, and several fractured vertabre and a shadard sholder. It was thought he was paralyzed but he is not (thank god). He is now stable and in ICU.

I played soccer with him for 2 years and he was in the graduating class of 2005. I ask that if you are religious, pray for him, and if not, keep him in your thoughts. I will have updates as i receive them.

Woah man sorry to hear that. :)

I've been through that hell with a friend of mine...got hit by an off-duty cop that ran a red light. He didn't make it this long...

Hope everything turns out alright...seems like he's already had luck on his side a few times.

Hope all works out well for him, his family, and those close to him.

I can picture the crash, injuries, and rehab to follow. Lucky guy, stay strong for him.

Hope things get better.

Update:

He aparrentl is up an being his normal self. Cussing out his hurse because she wouldnt give him water. He has 2 fractured vertabre in his lower back and right now they are taking Xrays determing what kind of surgery he will need. His colar bone has been set in place and will heal on its own.

assumeing the vertebre surgery goes well he has a good chance he will be able to walk normal agian.

:woot: lucky guy

hope the surgery will work out OK :fing34:

Wow, good to hear he's doing better. Hope his surgeries go well.