frogcase2002

trying to get some help with new enclosure

About to start the new enclosure for my 2 zcon 12s. It will be a trunk wall. I will be trying a 10 inch round port this time. I'm wondering how many cubic feet you guys think I should aim for with the new enclosure? ? Will have an aq3500 at .5 on them but Will be adding another 3500 as soon as I can find another. . Going to be tuning around 33-34.

any suggestions?

stick to the recommended

Well they recommend 2.5 to 3.25 each.

Just seeing if any certain size would be better with the 10" round port tuned low

Edited by frogcase2002

whatever fits will be fine. typically people try to aim for the higher end of the range. 

and make sure that is enough port area. 

So, I've worked with zcons, and I've worked with 10" port. To tune low with that port is going to be your biggest challenge. It has to be long, and the box has to be big for a tune around 32hz. Your port area is already given, only thing to change now is tuning and port length. Use this http://www.psp-inc.com/tools.html Also, you want to use 10" minimum for the loading surfaces, and both ends of the port. Keep that in mind as well. Also, be sure you calculate the NET volume. My port takes up a cube by itself.

Blind suggestion, any use using poly at this power level?

Blind suggestion, any use using poly at this power level?

I wouldn't. First thing that comes to mind is heat. with this much power level, A) it generates a lot of heat, coming from the sub and if he doesn't invert, then even more heat is kept inside the box, this heat can catch fire with the poly lol. And then B) all the pressure would probable blow away the poly through the port, I mean, I guess he could glue it down, but again, I wouldn't advise it.

Iv been thinking right around 5.5 cubes net with the 10" port about 25" long. . The port will be removable

Right now I'm thinking 38" wide. 13" tall and 30 deep. . . 10" port about 25" long but around 6 inches of the port will be out of the enclosure

Once you start designing it'll be pretty obvious what you have to pick. Huge port area and no internal volume makes for a nasty to design enclosure. Exactly why single ported 8's are dumb. Going on the bigger side will make it easier.

Once you start designing it'll be pretty obvious what you have to pick. Huge port area and no internal volume makes for a nasty to design enclosure. Exactly why single ported 8's are dumb. Going on the bigger side will make it easier.

You think the zcons in around 6 cubes with the 10" port would be alright?

I'd seriously play with designs. Size and layout is always part of the equation.

ie, lay out your box first. Moving up or down a little will be obvious what it does at that point and what fits well is worth weighing into the equation.