papa69smurf

Fi Q 10 Center Console

Hey guys as promised started the center console build for two Fi Q 10s.

Box specs changed quite a bit because of a too tall center console cushion, but it actually worked out better, I can now make it look a little more one off custom.

Box Specs:

H:14

W:15

L:30

Net Volume:

4 Inch Dimpled Precision Port

Tuned at a hair under 28 Hz

Box material was 23/32 Auracco 

Baffle was doubled for 1.5 inches

Here are some pics, the box will be braced with some 1 inch dowels and polyfill will get wrapped around the body of the port along with the exterior being stained to match trucks woodgrain and hand rubbed to a mirror finish.

Call me crazy but i cannot figure out how to post pictures on here if someone could tell me that'd be awesome. Thank you.

Edited by papa69smurf

How do I put photo bucket pics on here, usually I just shrink pictures and attach them?

Photo bucket gives you an img code. Copy that and paste here

or just copy the url and click the image button in the post window. 

Here are some pictures. Also amp selection has changed as I have purchased an original limited edition soundstream tarantula 2000 rms and an original Da Vinci. Just waiting on fed ex.

http://s58.photobucket.com/user/Trent0194/library/?sort=3&page=1

looks good, you can post them into the thread by copying the IMG url for each pic

IMG_3046_zps3b4e668b.jpg

Ok cool thank you right now we put everything in and wired up it sounds super clean even off a lil wonder gen3 I have it sanded with 220 and when weather allows she's gonna get probably 2 or 3 coats of minwax Bombay mohogany as well as a hand rubbed mirror finish. No need to add flame to it because it matches perfect with my wood grain. I plan on around 6-10 coats of high gloss spar eurythane(?) to give it a mirror finish. Since I ran into some box height problem we have a friend who does upholstery for hot rods and I'm going to get him to build a custom armrest and 4 guage pod with toggle switches for light and to turn gauges off all wrapped in leather matching the trucks interior as well as mounting my cb radio to the box.

I tried posting some new images but i don't think the url link is importing the pics. anyway my amps and BLT4's are on the way and ive got some stain done of the baffle and working on some electrical.

A8F6C79F-A2C9-48F3-BA2A-AD5E6FD2D62A_zps

this pic? 

Yeah I did that but when the picture copied to the page it just came up as a blue square with a ? mark inside of it. Maybe it's because I have a Mac.

weird, what browser? 

I use safari. Also would keeping my tweeters at ear level in their pillar pods and building custom door panels to accommodate the ID 6.5 woofer and a 4 inch midrange destroy imaging?

a 3 way with a 6.5 that can play well into the midrange seems overkill. not even sure what drivers you're talking about. or what processing you have available. if you want to try active out then try it first with the 2 way comps. 

you could try uploading your pics to SSA 

zDCghSZ.png

I plan on getting the new ms8 processor from jbl. I'm using ctx component system up front passive for now until the da Vinci comes and and I'll go active.

683DDEB2-3B84-4661-9F57-D78FF3201B3F_zps

B8D02129-3756-4A75-A054-EF473226A52D_zps

Here's what showed up a few days ago. Pictures don't do them justice

Interesting goodies you got there. Keep up the post, interested in how everything works out. 

Hello everyone sorry it's been awhile. I broke my arm riding and had to get a rod put in so I was in a rut. But the console is stained everything is in truck and sounds good. Have not used the tarantula nor da vinci because I have decided to use them in my show truck. I have slightly abandoned the sq for this build and just going with a nice daily with nice components saving the old school goodies for the 86 chevy.