My alt is stock with a crescendo batt and the problem is when it's cold out side it idles at 14.4 volts but when it's warm out side it drops down to 12.9 at idle...what could it be...battery, alt or what....

My electrical so far is crescendo battery logic 31, 2 runs of 0 gauge from alt and big 3 with two runs of 0 gauge to the amp

Maybe the amp draw isn't as high during the warm weather.

Is that with all heavy electrical draw off, limited to just necessary stuff for driving? Or is that with gear at full output?

My alt is stock with a crescendo batt and the problem is when it's cold out side it idles at 14.4 volts but when it's warm out side it drops down to 12.9 at idle...what could it be...battery, alt or what....

My electrical so far is crescendo battery logic 31, 2 runs of 0 gauge from alt and big 3 with two runs of 0 gauge to the amp

What amp are you running? What vehicle is it? Is it doing this just all on its own, or when you turn something on?

It's a 2005 tahoe 5.3 4x4 amp is a crescendo bc2000....and this is with the car on but music off...amp not even hook up any more if I can find a way to load a vid I wood. But I went to autozone to get batt and alt check out and everything can back find man idk wats going on...

Not sure, that's interesting. Its normal for cold start to be higher that warm start. but, not into the 12s with no load.

I would try and load a vid later once I'm off work

I have a 2002 tahoe with stock alt and dual battery setup and I never drop below 13.8v when warm. Cold start is somewhere around 14.6v. I'm not sure if yours has e-fans, but I had a 2005 Sierra that had e-fans(they started that year) and when they kicked on at op temp they would draw a lot of power, enough that the idle would actually hesitate for a split second.

Sounds like th voltage regulator may be going bad. Some vehicles have the regulation built into the ECU....not the alternator itself. I'd have to do some research on that particular vehicle, but I'm almost sure the regulator is in the alternator. It is in my 04 silverado.

Ok so the only way to mke sure is to take it to a alt shop and get it checked out not autozone thanks