Do any of yall know anything about SIM cards? I would like to transfer all my phone #s on my old phone to my new phone (same service company, both phones use SIM cards). Is there any way I can use the old SIM card in the new phone and somehow change the phone number to my new number? I don't want to go through and reenter every phone number into my new SIM card :(

TIA

I think your out of luck man

Unless you can save them online or something and then download them again ?

I just went through and reentered all my contacts...ughhh

my hands hurt like a mother. could a mod delete this for me? thanks.

If you had a data cable or bluetooth it is stupid easy to do on a computer... oh well.

I don't know what phone you have or service provider, but I have Nextel, and Motorola, and I was able to simply plug my old SIM card in my new phone and all relevent data was simply transfered over. I had to have them actually activate the new phone, but all my other information was still available.

I can switch sim cards and keep the info of the old sim card, but that's only if I'm not changing my phone #. Since my new sim has a new phone number, I can't use my old sim card anymore. Is there a way to change the phone number of a sim card?

I can switch sim cards and keep the info of the old sim card, but that's only if I'm not changing my phone #. Since my new sim has a new phone number, I can't use my old sim card anymore. Is there a way to change the phone number of a sim card?

I'm sure you'll have to take it somerwhere where they have the proper software and hardware to do so.

There should have been a master transfer from the sim to the phone...it would load up all your games and numbers.

Sucks you did it manually.

What phone? Great thing about sim cards is that I can simply take mine out, put it in any cingular phone and if you call my number it will ring. (I didnt know this until this weekend.)

What phone?  Great thing about sim cards is that I can simply take mine out, put it in any cingular phone and if you call my number it will ring.  (I didnt know this until this weekend.)

Any GSM phone should be the same.

motorola L6. old phone was a samsung something or other, but yea I can switch SIM cards between the phones, just not this time since I got a new #.

normally you just *copy* the SIM card to the phones memory, I went through it a bit ago and no troubles...I didn't need to though since I synchronize with Outlook. Sorry you did it by hand.

moved to correct section