Sign in to follow this  
Jbarrera93

Bought an FI SP4 18" last night need help with box design.

Bought an SP4 last night and was wondering if anyone could help me with a design. My max dimensions are W: 38" D: 38" H: 42" or more was looking for a tuning of 30-33 hz if possible with a slot port design. will be running off a Rubicon 2500

Won't need anywhere near all that space but having it available will allow for a great design with good bracing and plenty of port area.

I can help. What orientation are you wanting, sub up/port back? What vehicle is this bad boy going in?

Yea I just put it because that's what I had available, was looking for sub up port back on passenger side. Its going into a 2001 Chevy Blazer 4door

Awesome. I have an '01 Jimmy 2 door. I recently dropped a reman engine in it (still not completely sure that was necessary) and now I'm waiting for the mechanic to get an opening to drop in an ETE reman transmission. I completely expect to put another 250,000 miles on it after this, lol.

The engine was my fault. Turns out that they don't breath water so well, lol. Trans is just the standard 4L60E roll of the dice chance tho.

I feel sorry for your truck and the abuse it's about to suffer from that SP4 though, lol.

Yea its taken some abuse before had 2 12" Soundqubed SDC's in a 5.5 cu box @ 30hz doing work before picking up the sp4

For the Sp4 if you want a pretty flat response then go for around 7 cubes, and a decent amount of port area (~120 to 140in)

Also I highly recommend upgrading to a different amp, the soundstream rubicons have a lot of issues with heat.

Not to mention to put the Sp4 to its full potential your going to want 3-4k

Anyways your going to love the SP4, they have a very smooth sound to them.

Yea, I'm probably gonna end up buying another 2500. I haven't had any issues with mine at all.

How will you run a second rubicon 2500 to the same sub to have more power? Will you run each amp at 0.5 Ohm ?

Should've elaborated more on what I'm planning to do. For now the 2500 on the sinlge 18" is fine. I'm looking at getting a second SP4 after heatwave as well as a second amp. Then running both amps strapped to the two 18's.