Sign in to follow this  
smashedz28

Small fishing boat system

I have a 2012 tracker fishing boat. I would like to put a very small and simple system into it. No subs probably just left and right. Amped. Bluetooth deck.

Location for the speakers will be lower on the left and right side of the boat. There is actually storage boxes on both sides that run the length of the boat back. Obviously way more air space than what will be needed but they are something that stays closed. That's where speakers will more than likely go.

I plan to purchase a lower end pioneer Bluetooth capable h/u. I currently own a few 2 ch amps I can use offering up to 100 rms per channel. I own a set of fosgate power series 2 way 6x9s I could use.

My goal for this is just something simple but semi enjoyable to listen to. Bluetooth is a must. Budget is on the lower side but my main concern is speaker choice. I've never ran these 6x9s or really any other 6x9s before. Could I expect decent performance from them vs buying a $100-$150 component set? Very unfamiliar with how the open environment of a boat will effect the sound. Any ideas or discussion is appreciated. Don't have pics of mounting locations but I do have pics of the boat. It is aluminum.

FC489F35-7471-48FA-ABD5-37E87D027A9E_1.j

4358B14F-3455-4831-953C-50F77C426792.jpg

BFA46A2B-207E-4A03-BBAD-B2AC97B1C8AB_1.j

I've done a few installs in these, expect nothing super spectacular  but you can get some good sound. I've used a TON of the Rockford Fosgate M262 speakers and they sound great and get fairly loud. 944582_10151331767502574_814199550_n.jpg

Those are definitely within my budget. I see there is a m282 8" version for roughly $40 more. I believe there is room. Really interested in people's opinions of 6x9s vs other options. Since I already own them and have never heard them. 6.5s and 8's could be changed around with different speakers if ever needed. 6x9 will forever have me with that size speaker.

Those are definitely within my budget. I see there is a m282 8" version for roughly $40 more. I believe there is room. Really interested in people's opinions of 6x9s vs other options. Since I already own them and have never heard them. 6.5s and 8's could be changed around with different speakers if ever needed. 6x9 will forever have me with that size speaker.

Honestly I would rather sell the 6x9s and then go with a more standard size, like you said you'd be locked into 6x9s versus going with a six or eight which you'd be able to upgrade with any other comparable size even some DIY stuff. The 6.5's sound good, are very durable, take good power, and you get the reputation of RF.

Are there any dry non flood-able areas to place amps/ speakers?

The storage boxes along the side should be dry. Just a boat I take out from time to time fishing. Boat stays pretty dry when on the water. Rest of the time it's in storage. Lol might just have to buy some round speakers. Tried selling these damn 6x9s with no luck. Been on CL over a month @ $100 and not 1 response. Figured I may be able to use em but I really prefer a more standard size.

Try eBay. Maybe post an ad here trying to trade.

Look for marine equipment IMO as well.

J