Aaron Clinton

MB Quart Premium 12"

pwe302-304.jpg

opinions and thoughts, and most importantly experience, curious for a SQL set up with this beauty :o

I was considering them for this years SQ setup, if that tells you anything. Clean, tight, hit right on. I'd venture out on a limb and compare them to an Alumapro Alchemy I guess. Just my opinion of course.

Josh seems to like them as well. Might want to talk to him about them.

- Steve

I don't think any expirenced users are going to stop by. That is what interests me. When a search is done on MB Quart, nothing but their speaker components come up. Almost nothing on the subs show up.

I was checking for views on the premium 15's, nothing. I know that they are a high priced very nice looking sub. I was considering that before the tumult, but because I couldn't find user views I figured it may just be a commercial priced product.

JL's sub is doing well for the price, so there has to be a reason nobody is trying the MB subs. The world seems to like their component speakers though.

Interesting, a man with 3 MB subs and he's not happy with sound. This is the problem I see though. Only on MB's forum are you going to hear about the subs. Nowhere else on the web, as if nobody owns them, or wants to own them.

I've heard a couple of the older subs, but not this new line. They look impressive no doubt, but I imagine they are over-priced and lacking characteristics common to the many other drivers we discuss here.

One of the main reasons no one talks about them is because not a lot of people own them.

One of the main reasons few people own them is because they aren't advertised a lot, nor do people suggest them on message boards.

I bet if 100 people bought them, liked them, and hit up message boards and started suggesting them ... sales would steadily increase.

- Steve

hmmmm..they sure are sexy....

but i think tirefryr and b-30 are on to something...i mean even on their own forum, they aren't really known..

maybe the one install was bad...

but even around here, the biggest dealer (3 store's within 75 miles of each other, 2 within 50) and mb quart being one of their best componet sellers couldn't really tell me anything about them.....why?

but steve is right also...let 100 ppl buy them and start praising them on sites other then mb quarts and u'll hear more about 'em

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

maybe someone should write to MB quart, and see if they can have some field testing

It can't be advertising, because everyone knows about their components. People couldn't have forgotten to check their subs, after buying the mids.

I think people realize that for the high price, the specs don't add up. JL's top subs have many patented features and an original surround, to help justify the price. That's why I believe MB doesn't bother waste money on advertising, they know it will be a lost cause. Too many Sub makers out now and alot of them are already good. Especially the net; brands.

Since MB is part of RockFord, they can afford to have the high priced subs sit in the warehouse, while the mids carry the backbone of their sales. Un-impressive specs, for the high price, vs; JL's subs and high value ='s, not a good chance at turning a profit.

It can't be advertising, because everyone knows about their components. People couldn't have forgotten to check their subs, after buying the mids.

I think people realize that for the high price, the specs don't add up. JL's top subs have many patented features and an original surround, to help justify the price. That's why I believe MB doesn't bother waste money on advertising, they know it will be a lost cause. Too many Sub makers out now and alot of them are already good. Especially the net; brands.

Since MB is part of RockFord, they can afford to have the high priced subs sit in the warehouse, while the mids carry the backbone of their sales. Un-impressive specs, for the high price, vs; JL's subs and high value ='s, not a good chance at turning a profit.

I see your points. Valid.

I still think more people need to listen to them and form an opinion :P . I sure as heck liked them. Would I run them ? Of course. :D Does their price reflect what I heard ? Well, it's opinionated of course. Put it this way ... if I could find them for less than the price tag we all see, I'd think hard about getting them - if that makes any sense :ugh: :blink:

- Steve

umm I am not so sure if JL's prices are always justifed, but thats my POV, MB is owned by RF but that does not mean they have access to a ton of RF's money, look are A/D/S they make awsome products and they are a DEI line but you never hear about their subs, and their amps are almost never advertised, so ya never know whats going on with their finances,

Reason I believe RF is backing them, is because their Subs aren't selling, yet they still have a 2004 line. Especially the premium line, it has got to be syphoning money from their reserves, as they idle in the stock room.

Fact is, MB is a commercial company that is well respected for mids. They have subs that aren't being talked about and aren't selling. There is a forum, where someone has 3 MB subs, in a sealed box and openly says he doesn't like it. From those facts, I draw a conclusion that alot of people don't find the subs good enough for the money.

MB could easily sponsor some contestants, but they clearly see that their subs wouldn't compete with the names that are doing well. They probably look nice, but are truly designed for daily, low power use. The current market wants high Xmax, high power handling monsters. MB knows they can't compete.

Could be a wiring problem ... improper wire gauge or something stupid like that. Who knows.

- Steve

The box looks to small from what I see. It would seem that there is very little internal volume probably causeing the sub to pop or sound peaky.

I've heard a couple of them (not the reference series) in some prefabbed MB Crap box. I can't comment on their sound due to the fact that they were demo subs and I'm sure had hundreds of grubby little fingers poking at them. Let's just say they were anything but linear with many foreign sounds afoot. Consequently, I can't vouch for what they'll actually sound like. They're cheap, though, at least online.