noonej21

Eclipse Aluminum 8122 box size

can anyone give me a recommendation for a ported enclosure for an Eclipse 8122. I can not find the spec sheet anywhere and Eclipse has been pretty much useless. right now it is in a sealed enclosure (~1.25 ft^3) running off a PPI PC2150(600x1 @4ohms). I am trying to squeeze a little more sound out of this woofer if possible. I listen to a wide range in music, (not sure how that would affect the desired tuning frequency.)

thanks for the help

2.0ft @28-30hz, about the same size as i would use for an rl-p. make sure you get a decent amount of port area as well.

2.0ft @28-30hz, about the same size as i would use for an rl-p. make sure you get a decent amount of port area as well.

when you mention port area you are in fact referring to just area(in^2 as opposed to volume(in^3) correct? I still need to do a little research on how to determine port size based on a tuning freq. I posted a question similar to this on another message board and was told a specific port area to shoot for. Is the area of the port more important than the overall volume?

thanks again

the volume of the box after port and sub displacements is more important than the port area. go to www.subwoofertools.com and there is a ported box calculator that can help you.

Edited by JoeHemi57