Is it ok to enhance the bass by using the fader control? I am running the front stage off of Channels 1 & 2, the sub of of 3 & 4.

When balance and fade are at zero/center all output is equal to each channel. Let's say you fade to the rear to increase bass response in your setup. It will actually cut the front channels creating a louder perceived bass response.

When balance and fade are at zero/center all output is equal to each channel. Let's say you fade to the rear to increase bass response in your setup. It will actually cut the front channels creating a louder perceived bass response.

But then can I turn the volume up from there?

As long as your gains were set at MAXIMUM output on the fader for whatever driver you can surely use it to balance the sound.

As long as your gains were set at MAXIMUM output on the fader for whatever driver you can surely use it to balance the sound.

I will be running a 10" gcon with sony comp speakers for the front stage. So you are saying if the gains are set with zero fade I should be okay?

Or do you mean set the gains in the fader position I will be using?

Edited by pmureika

As M5 said, you want to have your gains set with balance and fade zeroed out. Say with song X you can turn your volume knob to 23 before audible distortion sets in. Then you fade to rear a little bit to get a heavier low end sound to the song. If you are already at 23 volume and you turn it up louder then your sub stage will more than likely be over driven since it never got cut back like the front did.

As M5 said, you want to have your gains set with balance and fade zeroed out. Say with song X you can turn your volume knob to 23 before audible distortion sets in. Then you fade to rear a little bit to get a heavier low end sound to the song. If you are already at 23 volume and you turn it up louder then your sub stage will more than likely be over driven since it never got cut back like the front did.

I got it now. It's just that every cd or usb port music is different.