So, I had the Kenwood performance series 1800 amp. Almost 5 years and it finally went. So, I am in the market for a new amp. I was looking at the ct sounds at1400.1D. Seen Steve Meade bench test it. It seems impressive. But, keep getting told to don't waste my money. That it's not quality. So, I'm back to looking. I have a budget of $400. I'm not looking at skar or soundstream tarantula amps. Would like 1000+rms at 2 ohms. What would be recommended by you guys? I always stuck with what has worked. Which I always had kicker and Rockford fosgate. Soundstream tarantula amps have caught my eye more then skar. But, told this is the place to get a lot of knowledge on amps. I like to research before I make a purchase like this. If you need to know, I drive a 07 escape. Factory alt which I just replaced. Rockford Fosgate 0 gauge used for the big three. Optima yellow top under hood. A size bigger then called for. Rockford fosgate 4 gauge ran back. Kenwood ddx-470 ddin. 2 Kicker dcvr 12" subs in a ported 32hz tuned box. 2010 model if that matters. Still meter two ohms. After I get an amp, the subs I am upgrading. Any help be nice. Thanks.

Hifonics brx2000 served my brother and I well. Not very expensive either.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

I'll second hifonics as a good budget amp. My brz amp treated me right, and my roommate is now using it. Upgrading that 4ga run of wire to 1/0 would be a worthwhile investment as well depending how far past 1k watts you go.

I have the 0 gauge to run back. Use to install for 5 years at a shop and still do it on the side. And hifonics Brutus was talked highly about. Have to look at one.

I had people talk highly of that soundqubed amp. But, when I did my research. I find a lot of bad bench testing. But, then I watch videos and read reviews. It looks like it is a good amp. Now that hifonics. I see a lot of good reviews on that. Only complaint I found was it does less then rated. Before someone talked me into the ct sounds at1400.1D. I was looking at that hifonics. But, got told by a lot that the ct amps are not reliable. Waste of money. Steve Meade did a bench test on it. and I was impressed with it. There's a lot out there. And want to make sure that if I'm going to be spending $400+. That it is actually worth it. I'm use to kicker and Rockford Fosgate. But, for the price of there high end. I know I could get more.

Had a AQ2200.1 on a pair of Type R's a few years ago, it was a solid performer. Would be happy to own another. However, the Hifonics wins my vote for equivalent performance, and being half the price lol

I found that video VERY interesting

I have a Q1200 and l like it fine.  but unless you just want the brand name- I'd compare these hard.  Makes me wonder the the Hifonics 1200.1 is the same as mine.

Edited by Leedogg