Sign in to follow this  
MarAha

My 12" Eclipse Titanium isn't hitting hard at all.

me and my cuz made 2 boxes...1 is ported and its ABOUT 3 cubic ft^3 tuned to 32 Hz...i say "about" cause minus the wood thickness, port displacement, and the subs volume its around 3. i dont have the exact measurements of the port right now

the other one was sealed at 1.6 ft^3

my problem with it is its LOUD when you sit in the car but not when you're outside with both of these boxes. i didn't try it in my car yet cause i dont got wires hooked up yet but i tried it in my cousins 1995 ford taurus and we weren't happy about it and he didn't know why it wouldnt hit hard. he has a old garbage pioneer HU in his car but it should of still hit harder than it did. i mean when i heard my other friends 2 12" alpine type s's a while back...they hit harder than this...

Sub - 1 12" Eclipse Titanium

Amp - RF 1001bd

so i'm guessing the problem is the boxes. or maybe theres something wrong with the install? i wouldn't know cause my cousin hooked it all up and this is my 1st system. now this 1 website is tellin me ported should be 1.2 and sealed should be .7 for this sub but my cuz is tellin me "thats just for the flattest response." but i dont know...someone help me out and give me some suggestions

Edited by MarAha

I've had my Ti in a 2.0^3 box tuned to 32hz and it is muddy as f**k. I've also had it sealed in a 1.25cube box and it is punchy as crap. My impression with the Ti hasn't been to great, but there was someone over at ca.com that said try it out in a .75^3 box ported and I forgot what hz but it's the same box they use for the d9 or d6.

I've been wanting to try an RL-P or a mag b/c the Ti just isn't cuttin it ;x.

well it looks like me and you are the only ones with this problem....

everywhere i look people are sayin the Ti is one of the LOUDEST subs there are. so i know i have to be doing somethin wrong..

Well, it does get pretty loud it just doesn't sound all that great and I'm sure it's b/c I just don't have it in a good box(even though I emailed eclipse asking them what kind of box to use and they said use a 1.25 sealed.)

/shrug I'm just tired of messing with it really, don't feel like building a third box.

Kyle or 007 on here might have a suggestion

they need to chime in then plz ;D

Kyle or 007 on here might have a suggestion

kyle is 007 and he knows nothing

I know, just was not sure how people knew him :ughdunno::wacky:

me and my cuz made 2 boxes...1 is ported and its ABOUT 3 cubic ft^3 tuned to 32 Hz...i say "about" cause minus the wood thickness, port displacement, and the subs volume its around 3. i dont have the exact measurements of the port right now

the other one was sealed at 1.6 ft^3

my problem with it is its LOUD when you sit in the car but not when you're outside with both of these boxes. i didn't try it in my car yet cause i dont got wires hooked up yet but i tried it in my cousins 1995 ford taurus and we weren't happy about it and he didn't know why it wouldnt hit hard. he has a old garbage pioneer HU in his car but it should of still hit harder than it did. i mean when i heard my other friends 2 12" alpine type s's a while back...they hit harder than this...

Sub - 1 12" Eclipse Titanium

Amp - RF 1001bd

so i'm guessing the problem is the boxes. or maybe theres something wrong with the install? i wouldn't know cause my cousin hooked it all up and this is my 1st system. now this 1 website is tellin me ported should be 1.2 and sealed should be .7 for this sub but my cuz is tellin me "thats just for the flattest response." but i dont know...someone help me out and give me some suggestions

Believe it or not, the fact that your sub is loud inside and not outside is awesome! Basically if your car resonates or vibrates anywhere, it will leak sound outside from the inside kind of like a big passive radiator. This will inherently take energy away from the inside of the car (where you listen from), to the outside of the car (where you don

Edited by 7

Not only is it illegal it's stupid and should not be your main concern at all.

Do you listen to the music outside of your car....no

So there is no reason why you need to hear it outside.

My Taurus is just this same way, and ratlle free. It is so nice. Even with my windows down, it's very faint. I don't understand why people want others to hear their music. You don't win anything for it, and as has been previously noted, it's not nice for the lawmen. It also makes it harder for the enthusiasts who listen responsibly to continue about their hobby undisturbed.

My desire is to have as little as possible being heard from the outside... not only will it sound better inside, and disturb less people, it will keep my equipment in my car, instead of drawing attention to the wrong people.

but hey in all honesty, who's going to deny ever having turned up the volume a bit in a parking structure or something and "accidentally" setting off an alarm or two :)

but hey in all honesty, who's going to deny ever having turned up the volume a bit in a parking structure or something and "accidentally" setting off an alarm or two :)

I never have... Infact I can't the way I have my gains set... SQ for the win!

only kids like you would do that :rolleyes:

My ti hits hard, it just sounds like poo doing it. I want it to sound better =(.

i can and i only do it when people think they have something loud in a parking lot...generally the high school.... but it isnt loud outside because the ruck rattles....sealed up you can barely hear chit outside open a door or window and you can hear it from half a mile away if i even have it up hat high.

only kids like you would do that :rolleyes:

Never have, nor do I plan on it...:)

nevermind what i said on here...i tried it out in my car and it hits hard. it may not be LOUDDDDDDD on the outside but its loud enough when i put it up...

only problem i got with it is it dont pick up the mid and high bass...and the trunk rattlles a little bit. but other than that, im lovin it

Good, thats what the midbass is for ;)

yea im not getting any midbass out of that sub....unless theres somethin else i gotta get. remember this is my 1st system i dont know much about them

now what can i do about the rattling? i see people say dynamat is just bull...but let me know if it actually works

if there is a cheaper way, id rather have that i dont wanna be spending too much money anymore

also, since im new to this whole thing...i need to know what volumes are safe to be playing this sub at. i got the remote bass set halfway, the back of the amp's gain all the way up, i got my HU's sub setting to -15. it gets loud inside at volume 30 (out of 100, i got a pioneer deh-p680mp), but on the outside you cant hear it much. but when i put it up to around 45 it gets loud outside too. honestly though, i want it LOUDER (both inside and out) but i dont know if it'll be safe for the sub to put the volume up