ohio45113

2 12 dss ethos (new build)

Do you guys think putting deadner on the underside of the trunk lid would help at all to keep it from rattling so bad?

I doubt it but you can try, forward firing and sealing it off would of avoided the rattles. You can spray foam in there just watch out for trunk latch mechanism. I accidently sprayed mine and it was hell getting the foam off that, otherwise my trunk wouldn't open.

I doubt it but you can try, forward firing and sealing it off would of avoided the rattles. You can spray foam in there just watch out for trunk latch mechanism. I accidently sprayed mine and it was hell getting the foam off that, otherwise my trunk wouldn't open.

I would try forward firing but we built the box in the trunk. Later in i may build another box and try it. From trying it with my last setup i lost a ton of output and i had it sealed really good. Idk if its just the car or what but its way louder subs and port facing backwards. The closer the port is to the back of the trunk the louder it is as well.. If i moved my last box like 8 inches closer the back seat it wouldnt be half as liud if i moved it 3 or 4 inches from the trunk lid..

Closed cell foam in between the rattling surfaces is what you need.

Closed cell foam in between the rattling surfaces is what you need.

Spray type? Or the stuff that comes in rolls?

You secure the enclosure down yet?

You secure the enclosure down yet?

Sure did 5 pieces of angle iron bolted to the floor and screwed to the box

Dss FTMFW

Yo man you asked if i could make a dss logo like the ssa one. I'm going to stop by my buddies house today and see if i can make one. Im going to use the team dss logo. The one with the subwoofer. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to figure it out but in order for the subwoofer to pop out the piece might have to be painted or stained. Also in that logo the dust cap has dss on it. I don't think the software will be able to recognize that with the size of the piece of wood im using. Once it turns it to G code all i can see is a rough sketch and alot of code so I'll work on it and see how it goes.. Might take me a few tries and a few visits to get it good. Worse case scenario I'll just write it on with a dremel.

Edited by ohio45113

Just pm me...thanks for the trouble also

2015052395073237_zpsmazkfkm8.jpg

This is what it will pretty much look like. Still have to do some more work on it. Getting closer just need more time.

2015052395073426_zpsvc0s0jdv.jpg

2015052395075650_zpsse77ktsh.jpg

2015052395080627_zpsoxnvz59f.jpg

Having fun with the Cnc Machine I see

Having fun with the Cnc Machine I see

Lol yeah that damn subwoofer is hard to do. The shading on the picture is confusing the program. I'll figure it out though.

Lol i see someone is going nuts with the -1's on all my post again and jay-cee's lol hope your having a good time.

Edited by ohio45113

Hell yeah...thats on point

Hell yeah...thats on point

I'll get it way better before i give it to you

In box me or facebook....Antoine.branch@yahoo.com

Cool stuff man!

Decided earlier that it was time to be mean to the ethos. Cranked my amp way up and raised the sub lvl to 10(max). I let it rip for about 20 minutes until my new neighbors came out and stared staring. They took it like a champ though barely got warm. That might have just been from being in a hot ass trunk all day though. I didn't check before i started.

Decided earlier that it was time to be mean to the ethos. Cranked my amp way up and raised the sub lvl to 10(max). I let it rip for about 20 minutes until my new neighbors came out and stared staring. They took it like a champ though barely got warm. That might have just been from being in a hot ass trunk all day though. I didn't check before i started.

Glad your liking them. And the enclosure. . . Still need to hear them!!

You need to post about that other duxe with the ethos thats not so happy.. Gotta be his box or car?

You need to post about that other duxe with the ethos thats not so happy.. Gotta be his box or car?

I keep thinking its the amp or something cause the subs are not moving much.

Need a vid on it man