n8te81

Best ported 12 for small space? Xcon maybe?

I've been trying to find a 12 that would give me the best output for my 350z....so obviously I don't have a ton of space but I'm thinking 2.5 cubes before displacement. I don't know a lot about this stuff so I thought I would come on here and ask. I was either thinking a xcon or a sundown Z maybe or soundqubed to save some money. Any opinions on what I should do would be great.

I forgot to mention that the amp is a older nine.1 which is about 1500 rms at 1ohm.

Edited by n8te81

Sealed or Ported enclosure? A sealed enclosure would work with a 12" woofer but you would need to go down to a 10" to get the correct space for a ported enclosure. If you are looking for output I would suggest a 10" XCON in a ported enclosure.

Yeah I'm only looking to go ported...I saw that a 12 xcon could be done in a 1.75 so u don't think I could do that?

It comes down to your available space and then what you desire.  If you truly have 2.5^3 and you would really prefer a 12" xcon then that will work.  Optimal box specs are listed as  2.5-2.75ft^3 @27-34hz.  As far as output you could do the minimum spec of 1.75^3 if that's what fits, but if you want to run ported and have a bit of extra room I would shoot for the optimal as that will give you the most output for that sub.

Edited by THX_Elite

Mock up the box.  Link doesn't show us what kind of room you'd have.  Without knowing EXACTLY how big the box can be you cannot even begin to shop for a sub.  

Mock up the box.  Link doesn't show us what kind of room you'd have.  Without knowing EXACTLY how big the box can be you cannot even begin to shop for a sub.  

N8te81 ^ This is the best possible advice that can be given to achieve your goal.  This is what ///M5 and others recommended for me to do when I began and the end result was fantastic.

Edited by THX_Elite

I have no idea how to do that though Lol. I've tried to measure before and the curves of the trunk always mess me up cause that changes the whole box. I put that link cause ppl had some measurements and I was assuming that they already did that since they came up with those numbers.

build one out of caedboard for test fitting

I tried to do what you did, just go off others measurements,don't work. Besides when you do it you will see how wrong those measurements are. Like m5 told me make a template, you may find more room or maybe something that others didn't find.