Sign in to follow this  
frogcase2002

port placement

Is there anything I should look at when deciding where to put the port? Middle port, top port, driver side port or whatever. . . It is a b-pillar flat wall with 2 zcon 18s on 5k plus at first

Typically the port on the drivers side will be loudest on the passenger side, top is typically loudest in the kick, and middle port is a good compromise between the three. But honestly it will depend on the install.

Typically the port on the drivers side will be loudest on the passenger side, top is typically loudest in the kick, and middle port is a good compromise between the three. But honestly it will depend on the install.

I've never seen a passenger side port in a flat wall, is it that rare to build something on that level for personal listening?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

I've never seen a passenger side port in a flat wall, is it that rare to build something on that level for personal listening?

The main reason you rarely see them on the passenger side is due to the fact no one meters on the drivers side.

Think im going to go with driver side port cause I do want to compete but its not my main concern. Im sure it will still be pretty loud anywhere in the car. .