sushi1111

Powering a pair of RLi-10's

Two questions:

I was wondering if it is ok to slightly overpower this pair of DVC subs in a small sealed box. I have an MB Quart RAA2400 amp that feeds 400w RMS x2 @ 2 ohms (maybe underrated also..)

Also, since my amp feeds 400w x 2 @ 2 ohms, I can wire these DVC 4ohm subs so that my amp sees a load of 2 ohms in each channel... right?

Thanks in advance!

I am sure it would be OK. On the site, it says input power from 150 to 400watts. Just watch your gains and you should be fine. And yes, D4 subs can be wired to 2ohm.

Edited by Swimmerdude

ok, the rl-i's will eat up whatever your amp will throw at them in a small sealed box. and then some..lol..

second, like mentioned above, a single dvc 4 wired in parallel will present a 2 ohm load...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

ok, the rl-i's will eat up whatever your amp will throw at them in a small sealed box. and then some..lol..

second, like mentioned above, a single dvc 4 wired in parallel will present a 2 ohm load...

Thanks for the replies.... any pros and cons wiring these subs on seperate channels Vs. bridged to mono?

There is a member here send much more power than that and his are doing just fine!

Thanks for the replies.... any pros and cons wiring these subs on seperate channels Vs. bridged to mono?

Whatever is easiest to get the right power to them with your amps would be fine. Just don't run a 2ohm stable amp at 1ohm and expect anything to last long.

Whatever is easiest to get the right power to them with your amps would be fine. Just don't run a 2ohm stable amp at 1ohm and expect anything to last long.

:+1:

Nothing

exactly...

if the impedence is matched, ie; say your amp does 250 x 2 @ 2ohm and 500 x 1 @ 4ohm...you get the same power regardless of wiring in stereo or mono.

the only thing you might notice, your car will like you better at 4 ohm then 2 ohm. but at that low of power levels, you car won't even be affected.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: