Below 30

How do you shake a room; Tumult

Low-end authority. Once you hear the true low end of audio tracks, video games and movies, it's not easy to go back to standard front speakers.

Removed.

Edited by Below 30

Such an amazing idea I got. That was to use an electrical socket for the connection. You can wire solid core, 10 gauge wire to it and screw it down tight. Unlike regular speaker connects, electrical sockets use heavier gauge copper through out. It's also so amazingly cheap (60 cents (CDN) ). Easy plug in, plug out, wicked.

Removed.

Edited by Below 30

http://acoustic-visions.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1453

:wacko:

I just don't see the need... I mean, I got a big den and a 100X7 reciever, with a 250 watt powered sealed Shiva and it is plenty (I have a few Brahmas and other Shivas of my own laying around, so it is not a matter of can't, it's just don't need to). The lone Shiva sealed gets very low and loud and sounds awesome. Why would you need all that subbass in the basement of an apartment? I assume SQ is not a goal :blink: .

Edited by sandt38

:sadwavey:

Hey I've never seen it. :thud:

Thanks people.

The opinions are cool. This is why I asked if anyone knew me here. I thought I saw some names that looked familiar.

Well it was nice while it lasted, I AM A let the forum have it's integrity back. There are a couple forums I know you guys aren't at, so I'll stick to those.

Moderators, I would like the account banned.

Later.

dont leave man, people have their opinions, I am not going to ban you, there are millions of other car audio subjects to talk about, people have their differences, thats no reason to bolt

I think Josh really ticked him off in his thread on SIN. I was sick of it at first (first read on CA.com), then I figured well, if he is this serious about his design, I was prepared to build the same enclosure. He even went as far as to give me all his specs. When I started to build, I saw he had bolted, and so have not continued the building process.

While the account is still active, I AM A break some things down.

The other forums, I have contributed large to. The caraudio forum was first, I contributed nicely in many parts. Later on I posted pictures of my setup. It was all over, I use an unorthadox vent system, that works very well for me. The thread was not an advice asking thread, it was a picture post thread.

For some reason, people took my design personal, as if it was their speaker I modified. They turned the thread into nothing and every other thread I would post in, on different subjects, they would follow me in and bring up the picture thread. I went to soundIllusion forum, not knowing it was owned by one of the members of the caraudio forum. So the same thing happenend.

In this forum, I tried to make sure there wouldn't be a repeat. When I thought that there wasn't anyone from the past here, I posted this thread to start anew. As you can see by the links to the other forums, I was wrong about them not being here. So the idea of a thread to highlight me and look for jaws dropped, is understandable. I am done with those other forums thats why I start the pictures here.

It's like if someone post a picture of their sub here, I'm just doing what they are. I just got here, so there was lots of time before I post elsewhere. My priority was just to post my pictures to start new, away from the other forums. The thing I don't understand is, if a person post pictures of their setup, why people who don't like it, would bother post in the thread. I would think it would be easier to just not browse that thread. Instead of posting links to old forums, where I was harassed out of.

I believe that pictures of peoples setups should be posted more and thats what I encourage and do. If I don't like a thread where someone bought a new sub, I will just ignore it. I won't post a link to other forums, where I've seen the same sub before. Just remember, it's not about all attention on my setup, it was about getting the pictures out of the way, to move on from those other forums, to start new.

Fact is though, those members from the other forums are here. I don't see any reason on Earth why they should change their view of me now. I'm still the same person, who is going to use rear vents like I do, for life. So for me to stay and be in other threads on different subjects, with those memebers, is going to be fake.

Just go to caraudio.com forum, search my member name and watch how they were to me in those threads. Then try to picture them being neutral to me here, it would be a forced change of their original view of Below 30.

While the account is still open, I got this explaination out of the way, cause the people who don't know me here, is cool.

Edited by Below 30

You must remember one thing, the thread started out as pictures. I didn't want advice on tuning and ports. Since they wanted to hijack my thread, I fired right back at them. I didn't have to and never will have to justify my enclosure.

The point about building to industry specs, was to say that since they are trying to put me down about my design (I didn't ask advice on) I put them down on their idea of following industry standards, which I don't really have a problem with.

You see, it really didn't matter what I said there, they hijacked my thread and they are like ignorant rapid dogs, you can't outlast them, they come in packs. I just knew it was time to leave. Any forum where I post a picture and my thread is hijacked, I'm not going to spend 10 pages fending people off again, I'll just go somewhere else.

If you notice that forum, everyday the only threads that are made are ones asking which sub is better or this sub vs that sub. So I'm not surprised at the level of intelligence there.

Thats an interesting thing about proof of industry specs and designs. They are just guidelines.

Example, jeans/pants; Your waste is 36, but you want your pants baggy, so you buy a 38 or 39, to get the effect. That is not what the jean maker recommended, but it's what the person wants to do with the jean. There are formulas for porting and tuning, to make sure that DIY'ers don't go so far out of bounds, that they don't get good results and blame the sub maker. So I found that my style works for me, I won't blame the sub maker for anything, I am happy with my design. So people trying to give me advice, which I didn't ask for doesn't make sense.

It's like a person supes-up their car to be faster and look better. The car maker doesn't car about that, they're just glad they sold the car and the buyer must know they voided their warrenty. The maker of my subs, got paid, so it's not their place to tell me how to use it now. It's my job to know that if I blow the sub in my enclosure, it was my fault, for using improper industry specs. If I ask for advice from the maker, then I expect any advice or specs, that will be given.

Edited by Below 30

Well----I will give my 2cents here if I may----30, you seem cool and all---i personally think your enclosure is cool---but looks kinda rushed---but guess what------that is my opinion----if you like it and it sounds good---cool----as for all the other guys bashing and all----quit---grow up---give the man 15 minutes in the light and let him show you what he did---you know you would be proud of what you built----am I right?----and 30----you are welcome here-----try to add to this forum as much as you did to the others.

Thank you,

Dave

Here is my take from the comments I'm seeing in this thread. I will just leave this situation as is and move on to other areas. Most important thing for me, is I left the other forums behind.

Alright people, we get back to audio talk, until I bring up other unorthadox things, that will cause an uprising.

Well----I will give my 2cents here if I may----30, you seem cool and all---i personally think your enclosure is cool---but looks kinda rushed---but guess what------that is my opinion----if you like it and it sounds good---cool----as for all the other guys bashing and all----quit---grow up---give the man 15 minutes in the light and let him show you what he did---you know you would be proud of what you built----am I right?----and 30----you are welcome here-----try to add to this forum as much as you did to the others.

Thank you,

Dave

X2

i think the box looks cool

so please 30 stay with us here, im sure now all this is out we can all be friends.

id hate for a member to leave because he felt not welcome, its one thing to leave because you dont think the boads fast but to leave on that note is just not right.

again please stay

jamie

No mang, there is no leaving now. I heard what you guys are saying and I'll just leave it as you guys seen the pictures and we'll move on.