Sign in to follow this  
SS Teacher

Jeep Wrangler

This is my first build log, please lower any expectations of competency...

The system-

Raxiom (rebadged Rosen unit) HU- got it because it integrate perfectly with the factory media and had NAV.

Zed Audio Mikro 4 channel

Rockford Fosgate T500 bd

JBL Power Series 6 1/2" components in the front front (no speakers go in the doors (I take them off as often as possible))

Bravox 5 1/4" components in the sound bar (custom made mounting ring, CLD tiles to help the flimsy plastic)

SSA XCON 10" in a ported box designed by the SSA store and built with the help of my buddy.  It's my (and his) first speaker box built.

IMG_2628.JPG

Edited by SS Teacher
adding photos

Wow, fail already... it seems all my iPhone pics are larger than the 1.31MB allowed...

Tuned in

Okay, so I can upload images if I email pics from my phone to my email and import them smaller... now to figure out how to rotate them.

SSA XCONy goodness!!!!  Dual 1 vc, I don't want to upgrade my electrical other than the Big 3 (my stock alt is 160 amps) so I'll stick to 2 ohm loads.  If I'm not happy about the output from the Fosgate T500 I'll upgrade to 1200-1600 watts.  Might have to go Brazilian so it fits under my seat, I do NOT want to mount an amp to a box in the rear of a Jeep.

IMG_2943.JPG

IMG_2863.JPG

Measuring, measuring, cutting.  Paying for the box design and getting a cut sheet and detailed plans was completely worth it.  Glad to have a friend with tools and wood working skills.

IMG_2888.JPG

IMG_2887[1].JPG

IMG_2889.JPG

IMG_2925.JPG

Edited by SS Teacher

Nice Jeep!

13 hours ago, SS Teacher said:

Wow, fail already... it seems all my iPhone pics are larger than the 1.31MB allowed...

use www.imgur.com to upload your photos.

3 hours ago, edouble101 said:

Nice Jeep!

Thanks!  I hated getting rid of my Challenger (divorce sucks), but I'm really loving the Jeep life.AIIUttO.jpg

33 minutes ago, Julian said:

use www.imgur.com to upload your photos.

Thanks, I was actually able to figure that out! :)

I'll be showing a lot more pics (when I'm not at work, wasting tax-payer's money).

XFBi3cG.jpg

Double baffle

Edited by SS Teacher

y4nrdkU.jpg

Yellow matches the OME shocks, trying to find paint to match Chrysler's "Rock Lobster" is nearly impossible.

Edited by SS Teacher

HU looks stock and the integration is great, wish they put more effort into the crossover points and eq.xAclhwt.jpg

"Toomstone" tweet location.  Had to make a zillion compromises in audio by getting a Wrangler...

KkQHYFf.jpg

JBL woofers are in the stock location which is in very thick speaker pods behind the grill.iJNQNtr.jpg

I've never run rear fill in anything before, but the Bravox 5 1/4" components add a lot with the doors off around the firepit.exSWpFq.jpg

It's not a pretty install, but it's safe from the elements under the seat.  ZERO noise issues.1UM7CSs.jpg

Flush mounting the XCON...EgiCbU5.jpghvK4lHw.jpgl6rGKmM.jpgUigKxtk.jpgE2TbNiR.jpg

Next the box will be off to be covered in bedliner.  It doesn't get too wet in the back, but I'd rather play it safe.  It's down firing, I have no desire to shove a kayak paddle through the cone of a $350 sub.

Cross section.Z2xI7AC.jpg

Be patient baby, you'll be running a week or two...Q3jfnvz.jpg

Love the enclosure with the artsy bracing, install is looking good so far.

9 minutes ago, jcarter1885 said:

Love the enclosure with the artsy bracing, install is looking good so far.

Thanks, bought the design from the SSA store, they provided the cut sheet and great plans.  The box is way bigger than I thought for a single 10, but I'm sure they know what they're doing.

Looks great so far man!

It might be a good idea to coat the inside and outside in a thin layer of fiberglass resin, so just in case it ever rains or gets wet the wood won't start to get moldy or fall apart. That's what we generally do for boats or Jeeps since there is a HIGH chance of forgetting the tops off and it pouring down rain especially in florida! If you ever get the itch to switch over to a marine grade amp the Rockford M400-4D is a great amp.

Thanks, I never thought of that!  I did get the box designed to be down firing and I just sprayed the outside in bedliner.  Pics to be posted later.  

Wired up the Rockford Fosgate T500 db that I got on Offer Up for $120 and she fired right up!  

Hooked up the XCON free air and played some Tech Master PED and was very happy to see that sexy little cone pumping up and down.  

The box is bedlined, not great, but should prove fairly durable, the only things left are to permanently mount the amp under the seat, install the speaker terminal cup, mount the XCON, and start jamming.