Sign in to follow this  
jj_spike

Tried Rear-firing RL-i8's

I tried rear-firing my RL-i8's today and what a difference. The gain on the amplifier had to be turned down as the bass was too strong for general music listening. I threw my "Super Duck Breaks" CD for some serious bottom end. I could not believe that I was running 8's! People 1/2 block away were turning around to see what the hell the noise was. Listening at these levels is just not possible in general.

I am almost tempted to build a ported enclosure for these things. Not that I am going to listen to regular music with this setup; I would just like to see how much louder and deeper these things could go.

Is this considered a sickness? My neighbours and wife think I have turned into teenager again.....

JJ

bass can be addicting. i remember when i had my brahma 12 sealed, and itching to go ported. and when i did...my car was never the same again. that sub literally shook panels loose. :D

8" RL-Is FTW

:coolugh:

Excuse me, what in the world does FTW mean? I am feeling really old for a 37 year old guy right now.

Thanks

8" RL-Is FTW

don't say that I am catching up to you, and we have a couple of people older than you on here so don't worry

i wish i had a couple of rl-8's!!! i would make a badass fiberglass enclosure for them. i think after i graduate from college and buy myself a charger i would definately do that. i would have to ditch my rlp15's cuz they are too loud and they rattled everything in my car loose haha.