Sign in to follow this  
LivinLife

Yo flakko..

i thought the md2d are 1800w @ 1 ohm? how come people are telling me that it is only 1500w@1 ohm? i remember me and you were talking and you kept telling me about how the md2ds were underrated and benched at 1928w @ 1 ohm.

-dante

jeez im gone for four days and all this crap talking happens? this seriously pisses me off.

yes they benched at 1950 @ 1 ohm before clipping from what i saw

and the 1500w is a CEA number and it is definitely underrated. i think tyrefire pretty much summed up what i was going to say.

uh huhhhhhh!!!!! gotta stay honesttttt, and i believed him too :-(

i swear people need to read between the lines and not jump to conclusions about what i say. you people automatically loook at hte lowest number i give you and you think "OOOH hes lying!!! flame flame flame flame!!!!" dont you think it might be underrated??? trust me... lying aint my shtick, i try to be as truthful as humanly possible to everybody. i aint a good liar

and dante have you even TRIED giving whatever watts you are plannign to give it? if not you can't say crap! try the freakin thing out first before you talk crap.

p.s. im tired right now just came back from 10 hours of sleep in 4 days and find this crap waiting for me calling me a liar... anything i said to offend anyone, dont take it personally.

Yes jeremy...why

Why did you lie?

also, elias, you arent helping anything at all man. so please just shut your fingers down and dont type anything that isnt productive

and one more thing dante, why couldnt you have come to me via pm about this? now everyone is going to think the Merlin line is crap and go "OHHHH he said it only did 1500w and he didnt even try it out himself!!" next time you have a question liek this and wanna start calling me a liar, take it to the pms.

p.s. again please dont take any offense. im just pissed, and tired

-modified by: Flakko-

I wouldn't worry about it too much UNLESS you are hitting the meter. You'll never hear that difference in power, but the mic may pick it up. Keep in mind a bench test is setup mostly to be an ideal situation, to extract ever ounce of potential out of the amp. Amp on a bench and amp in an install are not quite the same. Also keep in mind that anyone can throw out numbers. The only way to know what is true for your application is to do it yourself.

I have no doubt in my mind that he's seen 1900 watts out of one of these. I also have no doubt that they can be pushing 1500 continuous as well given the proper circumstances.

I wouldn't worry about it too much UNLESS you are hitting the meter.  You'll never hear that difference in power, but the mic may pick it up.  Keep in mind a bench test is setup mostly to be an ideal situation, to extract ever ounce of potential out of the amp.  Amp on a bench and amp in an install are not quite the same.  Also keep in mind that anyone can throw out numbers.  The only way to know what is true for your application is to do it yourself. 

I have no doubt in my mind that he's seen 1900 watts out of one of these.  I also have no doubt that they can be pushing 1500 continuous as well given the proper circumstances.

Wow im quite disappointed now. Cuz i do have a TL meter, and i am after the numbers. I was suppose to feed my 18XXX 1900w @ 1 ohm. but wow, i guess i gotta only feed it 1500w. Let me show u guys the convo.

Wow... im still quite surprised.

[00:50] Plain Dante: yo do u have pics of the amp?

[00:50] freshgerm1ez: of one of the md2's?

[00:50] Plain Dante: yeeee

[00:50] freshgerm1ez: okay

[00:50] Plain Dante: and wats the rated rms on the amp @ 1 ohm?

[00:50] freshgerm1ez: 1800-2kw

[00:50] freshgerm1ez: somewehre in between there

[00:51] Plain Dante: wowoww it's underrated i bet huh

[00:51] Plain Dante: and is this @ 14.4v?

[00:51] freshgerm1ez: big time

[00:51] freshgerm1ez: yea

[00:51] Plain Dante: yo can they benchmark it for me? i wanna get a little certificate... yayyayaya

[00:51] Plain Dante: lol

[00:52] freshgerm1ez: (Link: http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2937/p1...p10100041ui.jpg

my favorite picture of this amp

[00:52] freshgerm1ez: nah man

[00:52] freshgerm1ez: sorry cant do that lol

[00:52] freshgerm1ez: dirk doesnt like the be disturbed

I'll tell you this much....they get mighty warm at .7ohms

But thats probably the lack of cooling fins

Like I said, he very well may have seen the 1900 on a TEST BENCH. You can't realistically expect the same exact results in the vehicle.

Well idk whats the offical numbers on the Merlins but I can vouch for them and say they kick ass and have sweet nasty sex with my RL-Ps everytime I crank my car up...:D

Edited by Hayabusa

I'd like for someone to point me to a amp that does its benched power in a real world car audio daily setup...:)

yo, eldorado, is that why everyone else is selling there md2d?? lol

have you seen most of the people selling them? they havent even tried the amp out yet. like elias said, people are stoopid

im not talking about you on that subject elias im talking about dante

yes and i thank you for being one of the few very few people that actually tried thiers out lol. no hard feelings