woodguy

AX 3000 DE

Anyone have ant information on the new ax 3000de? Ijust picked one up and was wondering if there were any actual tests done to see what this thing actually puts out. I think i almost cried when i opened the box and saw the amp for the first time. What do you guys think of it?

I hate you for having one.

Ive seen the AX2000 up close and personal and it was sweet

thanks. Its good to felt about that way. It is one sweet looking amp. :thanx:

I have not been around a 3000DE, but I have played with a few 2000x's from time to time and they still rank in my top 5 favorites.

I have one. They will put out over 3500 watts RMS loaded at .9 ohms at 14.4 volts drawing bursts of 290 amps. Tuan, at Team Toxic and Jerry Davis, at NW audio strapped two together in parallel at a quarter ohm.

Remember use the outer two terminals in the speaker block. If you use side by side, like with other AX DE amps, you would be getting half the power output. Stock charging systems are not adequate.

Stock charging systems are not adequate.

:OhYeah:

:OhYeah: Fixing to have 2 of these bad boys one on each XXX 15 at 1 ohm it should be a little loud

:lickscreen:

We put two of them in to replace two mmats 3000.1's and picked up 4DB with no tweaking at all. We picked 2.5 more at .5 ohm. They are the most beastly amp I have used, even more powerful than our Z1's head to head.

Richard

We put two of them in to replace two mmats 3000.1's and picked up 4DB with no tweaking at all. We picked 2.5 more at .5 ohm. They are the most beastly amp I have used, even more powerful than our Z1's head to head.

Richard

:coolugh::fing34:

Now thats the kind of info i wanted to hear. I use dd subs but did not want to wait for a z1 amp so i got a us amp. I was hoping someone had some kind of side by side comparison to tell about. thanks guys. now i gotta get a new alternator. any suggestions? phone numbers or websites would be appreciated for ho alternator sources. thanks again guys.

crap... greg was talking about one company... OH yea it was Ohio Alternators... thats what he uses i think.

Now thats the kind of info i wanted to hear.  I use dd subs but did not want to wait for a z1 amp so i got a us amp.  I was hoping someone had some kind of side by side comparison to tell about.  thanks guys.  now i gotta get a new alternator. any suggestions?  phone numbers or websites would be appreciated for ho alternator sources.  thanks again guys.

stinger makes some nice ones

Depending on what car you have the best 200+ amp alternator for the money is a Powermaster. In my area ( FL ) you can pick them up at Advanced Discount Auto Parts. Other than those I have had great luck with Stinger alts. I have one on my Dakota but they are a bit more pricey.

Richard

the car is a 1990 honda prelude. hard to get parts for. the most i found so far is 190 amps direct bolt on but i want more. not much room to retrofit something else either.

Topping 190 true amps at 2k RPM's is going to be tough to beat with a Honda cased alternator. If you want more then I would just order the smallest 200+ amp alt. you can get and make it fit with a custom bracket. Your belt size will change if you go that route most likely too. Using flat bar to build the brackets is the easiest way I have found.

I have one AX3000 DE (need to get another one)

Unfortunatly, I'm not that impressed yet. I run it half ohm load all day, and it's never shut down in the Texas heat (like my old MA Audio amp with a fan no less), but I'm still not yet convinced of the power yet. I'll let you guys know more as I continue to beat it up.

I don't have a high output alternator on it, but I'm suppling it with two deep cycle 12 volt batteries with 0 gauge wire less than 12 inches away, and of course my battery up front, so hopefully I don't have a power problem.

Time will tell.

For subs, I have (4) Cadence Wild Beast 2 ohm subs in a vented box tuned to around 38 hz.

I have one AX3000 DE (need to get another one)

Unfortunatly, I'm not that impressed yet. I run it half ohm load all day, and it's never shut down in the Texas heat (like my old MA Audio amp with a fan no less), but I'm still not yet convinced of the power yet. I'll let you guys know more as I continue to beat it up.

I don't have a high output alternator on it, but I'm suppling it with two deep cycle 12 volt batteries with 0 gauge wire less than 12 inches away, and of course my battery up front, so hopefully I don't have a power problem.

Time will tell.

For subs, I have (4) Cadence Wild Beast 2 ohm subs in a vented box tuned to around 38 hz.

pix of install?

pix of install?

Sorry no pics yet. Digital camera is down at the moment.... unfortunately, the amp gave up the ghost tonight, so tomorrow I'm shopping for a replacement. I don't know what happened. I was driving it hard for about 45 minutes at .5 ohm load. Then got home and decided to do some 45 hz burps, and there was a lot of smoke from the subs (they still play, I don't know if they are blown and it's just a mercy signal but I hear something) but a loud pop from amp and after unmounting it, I could see several burn marks on the board and a couple of dead transistors. I love the plexiglass.

It wasn't that hot today in Texas, but I did put it to the test. Oh yeah, my highest score before this incident was 145.8. Not that big of a deal, but this was in a trunk with the subs facing the rear of the car in a early 80's coup. My trunk is big enough to park a CRX in.

Edited by bigken817

jeez you killed hte poor thing o_O

Yeah, I made the mistake of tweaking the setup without turning everything down first, oh yeah, I was measuring the output to confirm I was seeing all 3000 watts between my ammeter and voltmeter, and poof and pop. I saw smoke coming out of the ports (never a good thing), so I thought the subs were dead. Then I checked the amp and it turns out that was the really dead. The subs still play though, but I didin't have any major wattage to confirm it would play loud.

All this shouldn't be a problem though. I'm under warranty. That's why you buy from a reputable US Amp dealer.