I finally installed my Eclise CD-8445 and I'm loving it. However, I don't quite understand how the parametric equalizer works. It's a 7 band eq, I can change the gain of each frequency range...I get that much. How do I know what frequency to set each "section" of the eq to? Each section has three frequencies to choose from and I don't know what to select.

On a side note...anyone know how to fade the sound to the front? Can't seem to find a way with the Advanced/Pro mode on.

Thanks in advance

You can individually adjust each frequency that you want to boost/cut, as well as the bandwidth and of course amplitude. What frequencies you want are going to depend on your setup and what you're looking to get out of equalization - if you're just trying to tame a nasty peak in cabin, shoot for a flat response to the ear or emphasize something your speakers don't bring out well.

But in general, it's always better to have to use the EQ to attenuate something rather than boost it.

This is why i hate parametric eq's and love graphic

Edited by dalucifer

This is why i hate parametric eq's and love graphic

Adjustable Q FTW! And they aren't in stupid 1/3 octave bins like graphic eq's. Some of us can hear better than 1/3 octaves and would like our eq's to be as such. For most setups, I'd take a 7 band para over a 16 band graphic anyday.

Its eaiser to tune a graphic

The parametric on the eclipse and alpine just bugged me and literally made no difference in sound unless it was way up or way down