Sign in to follow this  
Godsmack

Chronic heartburn

This sucks.........haven't gotten rid of it in 3 days........too much damn alch this weekend.

J

Could be galbladder failure. That started with my dad in his early 30's and didnt quit untill it got the the point heartburn lasted for weeks, nto days. Then he went to the docter and they found a gallbladder stone. Had it removed and he is fine now.

Could be galbladder failure. That started with my dad in his early 30's and didnt quit untill it got the the point heartburn lasted for weeks, nto days. Then he went to the docter and they found a gallbladder stone. Had it removed and he is fine now.

Its calmed down now........ALOT.

J

My bud has that problem and swears by Prilosec.

My bud has that problem and swears by Prilosec.

I'm like my father..........change diet before pill poping

I don't medicate either, but it cripples him and he pretty much has no other option.

J

Good...glad to hear it.

I never get heartburn but when i do i feel like making myself throw up hoping it will get all the acid out. :wacko:

J

Good...glad to hear it.

I never get heartburn but when i do i feel like making myself throw up hoping it will get all the acid out. :wacko:

Heartburn/indigestion is acutally caused by lack of acid. Making yourself vomit is probably one of the worst things you could do t remedy the situation. A common household cure is simply to swallow a shot of vinegar. The additional acid helps to assist your stomach in breaking food particles down, in combination to vinegar, water also helps.

Water usually makes it worse for me.

J

Limon-aid...i thought it might help...just made it worse.

I always though heart burn was too much acid or acidic food sturing up the acid so it lapped agianst the esophogaus... that is what they say in the commercials :D:lol:

Limon-aid...i thought it might help...just made it worse.

I always though heart burn was too much acid or acidic food sturing up the acid so it lapped agianst the esophogaus... that is what they say in the commercials :D:lol:

Yes, that is what heartburn "is" - but its cause is indigestion. Indigestion can be linked with a lack of stomach acid. Most "heartburn" foods cause the stomach to dramatically increase acid production - causing pain and discomfort in either the esophagus and sometimes duodenum/intestines.

All "antacids" do is help neutralize the stomach's acid - temporarily relieving discomfort/pain - the body recognizes the drop in acidity and naturally continues with normal digestion by re-secreting more stomach acid.

The vinegar remedy works because vinegar (acetic acid) is much less acidic than stomach acid (hydrochloric acid) and does not neutralize stomach acid. The body subsequently reduces production of more acidic (and discomfort-causing) stomach acid.

Chronic heartburn is most commonly linked to dietary isues/problems. Anyone experiencing chronic heartburn is likely aware of which foods/drinks are the culprit.

Things that can cause indigestion:

Smoking

Alcohol

Coffee, tea, cola, and other caffeinated and carbonated beverages

Chocolate

Citrus fruits and juices

Tomatoes and tomato sauces (such as pizza and pasta sauce)

Spicy foods

Peppermint and spearmint

Dry foods - peanuts

Fatty foods such as ice cream

Nifty.

So what if i took a shot of chemical grade concentrated Hydrochloric acid? or at least 18mol.

:D

Nifty.

So what if i took a shot of chemical grade concentrated Hydrochloric acid? or at least 18mol.

:D

Your esophagus would erode and it would probably cause permanent damage.

sounds painful.