Sign in to follow this  
parvo99

Cutout and overall diameter of D2 15?

What's the cutout and overall diameter of the D2 15? Oh, and when building a box, should the baffle go inside the 4 sides, or on top of the four sides? Thanks.

Edited by parvo99

Cutout diameter is 14 inches. When making your front baffle it all depends on how you build your enclosure as to how the front baffle fits on. If it's going to be a close call width-wise I would place the baffle on top of the 4 side edges.

Yeah, I have about 16.5 inches of total height to play with, maybe a little more. Is this going to be ok? I was also thinking about putting a brace inside that would support the magnet. Will this help, or is it totally unnecessary? BTW, the sub looks awesome :) .

You shouldn't need the brace inside the enclosure to hold the magnet/motor. I would instead spend your time and effort on just bracing the walls of your enclosure. That will help out more than anything.

what do you suggest bracing it with.

I just got my 15 D2 in today (less than 48hrs after I ordered it, thanks Nick).

even after all the pics I am still blown away by the build and looks of this sub.

you can use just about anything to brace the box... i usually just use 1" posts or something of the sort, whatever is laying around :)

what is the depth of a 15 D2 and displacement of one? I am trying to figure out some plans for a sealed enclosure. My ported just takes up too much space.