Sign in to follow this  
tsealsut2010

rl-p 12 for home

alright well i have been contemplating getting an rl-p 12 and porting at something pretty low like 20 hz for home audio use. putting about 540 watts to it. im starting to wonder if this would be overkill, and if i should go with an rl-i with alil less power. i also wanted to know if there was someone who could draw me up some plans, or at least someone i could talk to about plans. thanks yall.

500 is plenty of power, but people everyday are throwing 2x that easy. The TC9 is a very stout motor and the RL-p is a very well built sub. As for home, Mike might have some good ideas for an enclosure design.

i have a 500w amp to my rl-i 10 (home setup). but during normal listening, the amp barely puts 50w peaks. gains barely cracked open.

having headroom is nice.

i would pretty much recommend the ebs type alignement (sp?) for a home setup. but even sealed might work for you.

what music do you listen to ?

my rl-i10 didn't have any difficulties yet in keeping up with the bassline in rap, rock or tehno. but i can't expect the same low-end as from a 12 or a 15 :wacky:

ya i listen to rock mostly, but rap and techno too. and im also looking for a decent plate amp to power it with. the only ones ive found thus far are the ones at parts express, what is yalls take on those, and do yall have anybody i could pay for enclosure designs?

i really wanna port the sucker, but sealed may be more practical for what i have, because i dont have tons and tons of room. but if i can port this thing in under say 3-4 cu ft total then it may work that way.

you could try

this

bigger version of what i use the rl-i in. i remember someone used an rl-p 12 in one of those. but it was a car setup.