post office

rl-p 15" dented cone (problem resolved)

edit: I have received a $70 credit as compensation. Very cool.

rl-p005.jpg

The 2 15" rlp subs i ordered arrived today. The first thing i noticed was an outward dent in one of the subwoofers cones. Both have imperfections but this is the most noticeable. The other sub has minor blemish dents just around the logo. Hard to capture with camera and hard to notice. Not that big of a deal. This dent has somewhat bothered me about the order. It sucks having buyers remorse, it sucks having to ship products back for replacement also. Its hard to see how this would have been caused during shipping, without puncturing the cardboard container.

An email has been sent to mike, i was just curious what you guys have to say about the matter :OhYeah:

Edited by post office

my cone was slightly dented... but i didnt notice until i looked at it in a certain light, then i accidently slipped a screwdriver on it....that was noticeable

but will it stop a bullet? haha! got you there!

oh wait...it might, aint those flats made of like some hardcore kevlar or something like that

post office:

the performance of your subs should be just fine, I have had dimples in my Eclipse Aluminum subs for a few years now and there is no difference in performance and they are larger dimples on smaller subs

rl-p005.jpg

The 2 15" rlp subs i ordered arrived today.  The first thing i noticed was an outward dent in one of the subwoofers cones.  Both have imperfections but this is the most noticeable.  The other sub has minor blemish dents just around the logo.  Hard to capture with camera and hard to notice.  Not that big of a deal.  This dent has somewhat bothered me about the order.  It sucks having buyers remorse, it sucks  having to ship products back for replacement also.  Its hard to see how this would have been caused during shipping, without puncturing the cardboard container. 

An email has been sent to mike, i was just curious what you guys have to say about the matter  :OhYeah:

thsoe things happen. i understand how you feel, but you have to understand that metal does dent. i'm sure it wasn't malicous or anything.

like mentioned by denim, it won't affect the performance any at all. strictly cosmetic...

hold your head up bro, you made a great purchase...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

They are going to sound great, it does suck about the minor cosmetic stuff but it won't affect their sexy sound.

Of course any driver which arrives blem'd or broken on arrival is eligeable for an exchange; though in the event of minor blemishes, some sort of alternate compensation is usually the most effective solution due to the lack of affected product performance, so long as you can hack stickin' with a slightly dented driver. As indicated directly to this buyer in private, shipping out a blem'd product is in no way intentional. When you have a large quantity of drivers produced on an assembly line, it's hard to catch every small defect. Not to say we don't try, but depending on how the light was hitting the cone at the time of testing, it probably wasn't noticed. Alternately, and also quite rare, small metal materials (I've seen anything from screws to paperclips to small metal files!) may catch onto the magnet boot during the packaging stage, and during the subsequent shipment can become dislodged and bounce around inside the shipping container, thereby producing small dents.

In any case, I don't aim to leave the customer high and dry if this happens,

and I apologize, post office, for the inconvenience. Check your email! yingyang.gif

Definetly hard to see all the blemishes.

I saw a couple cones where the SS subwoofers are made that were dented and the owner of the company didnt even catch them

I have several small dents in my cone as well. It doesn't really bother me, and performance isn't affected what-so-ever.

In any case, I don't aim to leave the customer high and dry if this happens,

and I apologize, post office, for the inconvenience.  Check your email! yingyang.gif

I'll have to agree with you on that one.

I got off work a short while ago and noticed, a $70 credit from paypal.

$70 is more than adequate compensation for a small ding. Absolutely no hesitation on your part to make things right either. This rates high in my book!

Thanks again. If you check your email you'll find a short message of gratitude.

wow mike, i shoulda complained when i picked my sub up ;)

i hope everone and thier mother doesnt complain about thier subs and expect what post office recieved tho, then mike would be out of business.

mike is indeed the man!!

now...postoffice....where's our review and pics of install?? huh??

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

wow Mike strikes again!

post office, if you need help on a design, we have plenty of RL-p lovers here to help