Rameek

Orion H2 or RE HC

Now that my Altima is almost done just gotta build my enclosure and waiting for my Viper 1200.1. I just got my HU for the 240 the 8443. I am looking for a new sub for my 240. I have been battling for a while on what to get. I am looking for the LSQ. I've been waiting patiently to decide. I did have the RE HC first thought it was too large for my car so I got the SE decided that was too small so I was going back to the HC. But the whole time I have been intrigued by the Orion H2. So I wanted to get your feedback. The dimensions for my 240 is W23 H16 D17. The enclosure again will be a circle port due to the small space involved. The power to the subs either one will most likely be 1200rms to 1500rms. I have not selected the amp yet until I get the sub. I am heavily leaning towards an all Orion install.

Now that my Altima is almost done just gotta build my enclosure and waiting for my Viper 1200.1. I just got my HU for the 240 the 8443. I am looking for a new sub for my 240. I have been battling for a while on what to get. I am looking for the LOUD SOUND QUALITY. I've been waiting patiently to decide. I did have the RE HC first thought it was too large for my car so I got the SE decided that was too small so I was going back to the HC. But the whole time I have been intrigued by the Orion H2. So I wanted to get your feedback. The dimensions for my 240 is W23 H16 D17. The enclosure again will be a circle port due to the small space involved. The power to the subs either one will most likely be 1200rms to 1500rms. I have not selected the amp yet until I get the sub. I am heavily leaning towards an all Orion install.

sorry---I was gonna say either Brahma 12 or XXX 12 :D

Either one in a 1.5 cube tuned to about 30hz with that power would make about anyone happy.

Dave

Dear Mr. DE,

Thank you for sponsoring my 240. It is great to be part of the Adire Team.. :D

I wish I could get either one of those subs but thats extending the budget to the realm of divorce and so far I am tip toeing on that line right now... :lol:

I still have to get my amps and components as well. Fortunately I am running only a HU components Subs and there amps. I have the 3 S's Simple, Sweet, and SQ.

Thanks for the reply DE..

Well I have a 12HC right now. I will be upgrading to an H2 in a few weeks. My box is 2.5cubes tuned to 30htz and I have it running on 1400watts. It hits pretty hard, can't wait to get the H2 though :D

I guess I will try to get the H2 then. People have been saying its on par with the XXX and Brahma. Slightly underneath those 2...

HCCAfan is the man on the H2's, he strongly suggests running atleast 2000 watts to them

Wow thats a lot of power. I could have sworn they said it wouldnt need that much power for daily drive..

no they dont NEED that much power, but they dont really shine until you get up around that range, from everything that I have gathered, 3.0 cubes ported is about the best box for the H2

I think that would be 3cubes for the 15 Den. :boink: H2 would be my pic over the Brahma and XXX. I have had an HC and NO WAY would that even be considered an option compared to the H2.

Well the good thing is my Width is 23 at the base but goes up to at least 30 something so I may be able to do something with that. Your suggestion would be about 3cu ft after speaker displacement and port displacement. The power is not an issue though for me honestly. I will post a pic of the hatch. Will that improve my chances of the 3 cu ft?

Edited by Rameek

I am confused, the power or the space about the 3 cubes?

Space was a concern. W23 H16 D17. I do not have 3cuft after speaker displacement, and port displacement. Since the width gets wider as you go up I figured I can gain some space going upward.

You are going up to the 2k power? I was considering the Orion 1200d but if I need to get the 2500d i will try. Does anyone need a babysitter or the lawn cut?? :D

Ya Ill probably bump up the power to around there but im not sure what amp yet. I was thinking a 2500D or Crossfire 2000D or maybe a D2 but who knows, I am really thinking about putting a 200amp alternator in first and upgrading the wiring to 0 gauge

i think i answered this somewhere before :unsure:

the H2 outperforms the HC in every app., not that i am not fond of the HC, but it is just a fact

you didn't mention if you are looking at a 12 or a 15

if a 12, i have one in 1.5@30hz w/ 30" of port, it gets incredibly loud off 1200w

definatly go with more power and a larger enclosure if money and space permits, but don't get discouraged if you are on a budget and have space constraints

it's no slouch with a little less power ;)

Its a 12 definitley no room for the 15. My budget has been drained from both cars. I want to get the car right the first time as much as possible do not want to deal with regrets.... I did a lot of regreting the first time around and I refuse to do it this time!

Maybe you did answer this somewhere else ;)

De Ja Vu??

hi i have a 15" h2 in a 3cuft sealed box running of a directed 1500d amp and the subs slams. i had 2 12"kicker l5 subs beofre and they are nothing compared to my h2.

for an amp people have suggested

http://www.cardomain.com/item/POWA3000DB

or the planet audio amp, they peak just a lil over 2k watts

only 339$ mu ch cheaper than a orion 2500

hi i have a 15" h2 in a 3cuft sealed box running of a directed 1500d amp and the subs slams. i had 2 12"kicker l5 subs beofre and they are nothing compared to my h2.

welcome to SSAudio, and do you have a pic of your install?

welcome to SSAudio, and do you have a pic of your install?

ditto :P