Sign in to follow this  
Wanger35

Scott or Nick Please Read.

I have alredy sent you both a copy of this e-mail, and Nick replied to me, and said just to print out a copy of this, and send it along. However since all the info got lost on the forum, I cannot do that. If you guys could please give me a confirmation I could send along with my money order it would be great.

Hey Scott, (or whoever it may be)

I have been eyeing your site, as well as others for reviews and your Fi forum, and think I am ready to buy. I want to buy 1 dual 2 15" SSD w/ flatwind, for a total of $229, the only problem is I do not have a credit card, and would have to pay via snail mail (aka money order). Is this possible, and if it is, who do I make the M/O out to, and what address would it need to be sent to?

Another question, what do you expect the turn around time to be for 1 15" SSD with flatwind to be? I know you say about 3 days to make it, and figure 3-5 days to get the money to you and 3-5 to get the sub back to me...so roughly two weeks?

Thats all the questions I have about paying/buying the sub, but if you could look over some of the plans I have for it, it would be greatly appreciated.

As far as an enclosure I am thinking 3.5 Cuft tuned to 33 Hz, I listen to mostly rap, and like nice low bass, but I wan't it to get loud as well, but anyway, here are the plans:

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported...mp;Fs=&CE=0

I will go with sub up twards the roof, and port out twards the rear like this:

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/1862/box9999999ax7.jpg

And correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure I would need the dual 2 sub, and wire it to my a8002v amp, with these specs, 800 watts x 1 chan. @ 4 Ohms Bridged, like this:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5570/wiringsc7.png

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you, and ultimately getting my SSD.

Kyle Obright

Thanks in advance, and after the confimation, I will let you know when the money is sent out.

Kyle obright

Money orders are fine. They can be sent to:

Fi Car Audio

Attn:Scott

5480 Cameron St #107

Las Vegas NV 89118

Please be sure to include your name, address, phone, and email. We will contact you to confirm receipt of payment and forward you a tracking number from UPS (Quantum View)

SSDs and Qs are 3 business days build time. Shipping is 2-6 business days depending on how far you are from LV.

Not the biggest fan of that enclosure program... it works but it assumes it knows something better than you do. Your box design looks fine and should make for a solid daily driver. D2 will work fine with the coils in series for a single 4 Ohm load with the amp you have.

If there is anything else we can do to help... let us know.

Thanks...

Scott

Is their another link/program you would recomend me using? Or if my current box looks fine for a daily sub, that will have good SQ yet get loud, then just let me know.

Thanks.

KO

Box looks fine and will work well. Its just that the program sets up your port area based off of the Xmax and SD of the sub (which gives you the max linear volumetric displacement). This is not to say that you cant use a smaller port as we normally recommend 12-16 sqin of port per cuft of enclosure. That program simply doesnt allow you to change things unless you go in and start to tweak with Xmax to try and get a different port area. Instead I would download WinISD for free and use both programs to work from. http://www.linearteam.dk/ Between the two programs (and I wouldnt use WinISDs recommendations either) you can really get a application specific design going.

Thanks...

Scott

As long as you stick to our enclosure recommendations you are in good shape. Use Winisd to determine the length to the given port area that you have chosen to.

As far as graphing to look for any sort of response curve it's pretty much useless..and inaccurate in a car environment.

Thanks

-Nick

Payment has been sent via Money order for 1 15" SSD with flatwind for $229.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

As far as the box goes...I think I am just going to use the one in the diagram above. It seems like a pretty easy project, although I spent 10 hours on my first box, and that was only sealed!

If you guy want to hook me up with better plans it would be great, but if not I will just use the ones above.

Thanks again, and as im sure you do, e-mail me when payment is recieved.

KO

As long as you stick to our enclosure recommendations you are in good shape. Use Winisd to determine the length to the given port area that you have chosen to.

As far as graphing to look for any sort of response curve it's pretty much useless..and inaccurate in a car environment.

Thanks

-Nick

Could you use this to calulate port length?

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

Thanks

-Nick

Could you use this to calulate port length?

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

yep. we use it at work. just remember, your plugging in the net volume, which means your accounting for port, sub and any bracing displacment. so when you build, don't make the mistake of building that as a gross enclosure, if you do, your tuning will be quite a bit higher.

ignore the port area calculator on that page. use Fi's recommedations.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Alrighty, box specs are set. 3.5 cubes tuned to 33 hz. 35 long 15.5 high 21 deep. Sub up, Port out.

Scott or Nick, I just wanted to touch base, I sent my money order out Friday, so you should recieve it this week. When you do, if you could E-mail me, puckhead15@sbcglobal.net, it would be great. Also possibly confirm my shipping address.

I just want to make sure my money gets to you, and my sub gets to me!

Thanks.

Kyle Obright

We will. Im hoping that you included your phone and email with the order as well. Makes it much easier if I dont have to search to see if I have seen your name or info elsewhere. Ill write your name and email down now and put a post it on the screen for this ;)

Thanks,

Scott

all of that info should be in there...i've made a generalized email of sorts for the money order things on what to include

Bump to the above^^^

Sorry for all the questions guys, but $230 is a lot for my current $7.95 an hour, part time paycheck! :)

Thanks.

KO

Everything looks fine. As soon as it comes in Ill let you know.

Thanks...

Scott

Sign in to follow this