Sign in to follow this  
baggedbirds.com

Breaking in SSD

are they specific break-in instruction for the SSD? What is the procedure. Will they come with the woofer ?

In the reviews i noticed they sound better over time. Is this typical as things start to loosen up and get moving?

are they specific break-in instruction for the SSD? What is the procedure. Will they come with the woofer ?

In the reviews i noticed they sound better over time. Is this typical as things start to loosen up and get Most new subs do begin to sound better over time, as things begin to loosen up after use. In my personal opinion!

I am unfamiliar with SSD's so I would wait on Scott or Nick's response, all of the new subs I bought in my day, began to sound better after I used them.

Any sub will be measurably different after a break in period. However, the audibility of these changes is pretty slim.

Part of the "sounding better over time" is a psychological interpretation.

edit: double post

Edited by DevilDriver

I broke my SSD 12s in a little different

when i first installed them into the enclosure i checked the subs excursion by pushing on them lightly to feel the tightness of the cone movement...

I had them wired at 4ohms (I have dual 2ohm coils) and played them for a week..

I checked the movement of the cone again and noticed it moved a little more freely (not as stiff)...

After this time i began to open it up a bit more (volume wise) and noticed it played slightly louder (in fact i had to check all my gain settings on the amps to see if they moved)...

spiders will break in and settle in over time

i'm sorry man i still havent had time to design a box for you yet, been retardedly busy here

Depends on the sub and enclosure if things will sound and measure different. I have notice considerable differences in some subs sealed when the suspension really breaks in (TEF measurement wise). Audibly it can make a good difference, and in the case of the Qs, it really does. Actually... most of our subs that use the stiffer spiders tend to take some break in time and you will notice a considerable suspension difference between fresh and broken in. I could use 3 soft spiders to net a similar suspension to 2 stiff ones, and the break in time would be a little less pronounced, but I like how the stiffer spiders bond to one another and the neck joints better than the softer ones.

Devildriver... Finally someone that knows music... "You

Sign in to follow this