Sign in to follow this  
juicyfruit

Moving from 2 12s to 1 12-- what to expect?

I'm torn between the 2 really great reviews currently for the SSD and the Q. Primarily, I want an SQ setup as I think it'll get plenty loud in my Suby wagon. Been running 750w bridged to my 2 Diamond Audio 12s sealed and while I would go with the copper coil config with the SSD, the price difference in going to the Q is really not that much. If 750w to the SSD would be pretty loud, I don't think I would upgrade my amp any time soon. But since the Q is touted so heavily, many are happy with their SSD with around 500w but 1000w seems ideal for it.

Thanks!

which Diamonds you have? may be interested in buying them off of you.

Where are you located? It's gonna be uber expensive I imagine to ship this thing out. I have the M3s and would keep them except just seems stupid to have a wagon but no room to put anything. :)

I'm in Livermore, CA, zip 94551.

Either sub will work well. The Qs do fine with less than rated power... and 750 is within recommendations for the SSDs. Sealed or ported?

Thanks,

Scott

Either sub will work well. The Qs do fine with less than rated power... and 750 is within recommendations for the SSDs. Sealed or ported?

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks Scott. I'll be going sealed. Ideally, if I could swap out 2 Diamonds with 1 Fi Q/SSD and still retain the same level of output, then I'll be satisfied.

It's especially hard to make a decision now because there are 2 really great reviews for both right now. I keep rereading them over and over again, and it's not helping. :(

I wish I could hear what 1 SSD/Q sounds like with ~750w. . .

if you use 3/4" wood that will work fine...its like 1.24 cubic feet of volume, the sub will take up .14 or so...you'll be dead on

if you use 3/4" wood that will work fine...its like 1.24 cubic feet of volume, the sub will take up .14 or so...you'll be dead on

Was thinking about going 1" on the front and then 3/4" the rest. Think it's necessary?

Gonna order the 12" SSD with copper coil today! Never built a box before but found a tutorial on the Crutchfield site so hopefully all goes well. :)

3/4" should be fine, can't wait to hear a review since i'm considering the same thing.

Edited by JoeHemi57

3/4" should be fine, can't wait to hear a review since i'm considering the same thing.

My review won't nearly be as detailed as the others I've been reading. :) I'll have pics of the setup once it's complete and draw comparisons/differences to the 2 Diamonds the SSD is replacing.

Sign in to follow this