Sign in to follow this  
HawaiianBassHead

4 Q 10"s sealed? or 2 10" BLs ported?

I have a crew cab titan, and with using glass/wood I can get around 2.5ft^3 or two 1.24ft^3 boxes... sealed would be easiest... but the subs would cost more... and I love the sound of ported boxes :( ... but it would likely go lower and higher and have just generally better sq...

2 BL 10"s ported... would be nice :D but I don't know exactly how much space I'd have after sub/port displacment and if the internal shape of the box would affect the performance alot to where it's as bad as a sealed box...

I'm on the wall here and can't figure which way to go.. I suppose I could do the BL's 1st since it would be cheaper lol... and if I wasn't happy do the Qs later.. but if I weren't happy that time I'd have to kill myself lol... just looking for peoples opinions I'm not a fan of sealed but I suppose if done well it'd work out?

Musically speaking the Q's would sound much better...

But given you have a 9510 and seem to like it very much the BL's shouldn't be an issue with musical accuracy...

I used to not be a huge fan of sealed boxes, but then again i was big into the spl stuff and sense then my musical tastes have changed...

Tough call man, if you like the 9510 you should like the BL's ported fine.

Musically speaking the Q's would sound much better...

But given you have a 9510 and seem to like it very much the BL's shouldn't be an issue with musical accuracy...

I used to not be a huge fan of sealed boxes, but then again i was big into the spl stuff and sense then my musical tastes have changed...

Tough call man, if you like the 9510 you should like the BL's ported fine.

um, I used to like my MT 18" daily if you remember :P lol... so I don't care about sq much... I dunno I just thought I'd do something that would be easy to put in :P lazy skinney bastard = me :D

What do you have for power? Its $98 difference between (4)SSD10s sealed and (2)BL10s ported with options. Id go with the (4) SSDs anyday. They will have fairly similar overall ouput... the (2)10s ported might have a slight (1-2dB) advantage right at tuning but overall Id say that the SSDs would be louder.

Thanks,

Scott

I vote 4 Q's or SSD's

I vote 4 Q's or SSD's

power lol, alot more than anyone in my area... um probably a pair of AT5000.1 or 7kws if I hear they're stable when people start running them... MAYbe the AB 500.1s if they're stable and as strong as Bob's been claiming at 12v... IF I don't have to use that kind of power I won't, but I've been wanting to try them for a larger setup so I'll probably have them on hand by the time I have the drivers so maybe one of them would run all the subs I get for the truck... so probably around 3-4kwrms after voltage drop and imp rise... thus the Q's originally brought up :coolugh: I guess since I'm going 10" I should stay well away from drivers with that much xmag especially given the power I'm aiming for lol... but too much is never enough, that's why I usually don't have a back seat lmao. but I catch alot of sh!t from the wife about how selfish I am that only I can ride in my truck and blah blah blah... so I take everything out once in a while and do a small install.. so if I can get a small LOUD install going I may leave it alone for a while.. til I decide to make a large ported box to do comps with or something, then it ends up staying in for extended listening like always :lol:

so as much power as I can get, more than likely too much.. the smallest amp I'd even consider would be an exile 2400.1 or a pair even... like I said, I want over 140 new TL down low under 30hz and peaky up higher say above 145 :D it may not be possible but I'm doing a 141.3 @ 32hz with a single 9510 on a pg xenon x600.1 from my wifes jetta trunk now, so I can do some justice in the truck I'm sure :D . did some box mods too, so I'm gonna throw it back in tonight and meter it to see if/what I gained :D

Edited by HawaiianBassHead

makin me wish I had vis of my old setup...........2 MA Audio Synergy 15's in about 6 cubes, and 2kw on them.........pulled a 143.9

J

Hawaiian

tell me you own a TL meter and live on Oahu

I own a TL, but unfortunately I'm on the Big I..

as for the vids of the 2 15"s doing 143... I was doing a 145.2 new TL car closed leagal with my single soloX 10" @ 37hz... I'm doing a 141.9@34hz out of a jetta trunk with the single 9510F I have in the wifes car now.. it's an 04 jetta with a stock batt... no big 3, no dynamatt and basically an amp sub and deck all drop in installed in her car lol on a pg xenon x600.1 amp lol... good score though for MA, I never cared much for them... they're decent imo, I have a buddy who runs MA, he has the 4000xd or whatever it's called and a kore 15" that he blew, I metered his atomic 15" and he did like a 141.6 after his kore blew. anything over a 140 is decent imo. I've meter'd guys with 2+ 12"s doing 130s LOW 130s... I've done that with a single 8" in a .57ft^3 box in my titan crew cab from under the seat LOL... not to diss to hard, but those guys have ugly spl type installs is what makes it the sorryest... my installs are all ugly too, but at least they're reasonably loud at least to me... the DD 10" also does 141.4@32hz in my wifes car lol see sig :D

uh, don't know if it's even showing...

Hawaiian

tell me you own a TL meter and live on Oahu

I own a TL, but unfortunately I'm on the Big I..

as for the vids of the 2 15"s doing 143... I was doing a 145.2 new TL car closed leagal with my single soloX 10" @ 37hz... I'm doing a 141.9@34hz out of a jetta trunk with the single 9510F I have in the wifes car now.. it's an 04 jetta with a stock batt... no big 3, no dynamatt and basically an amp sub and deck all drop in installed in her car lol on a pg xenon x600.1 amp lol... good score though for MA, I never cared much for them... they're decent imo, I have a buddy who runs MA, he has the 4000xd or whatever it's called and a kore 15" that he blew, I metered his atomic 15" and he did like a 141.6 after his kore blew. anything over a 140 is decent imo. I've meter'd guys with 2+ 12"s doing 130s LOW 130s... I've done that with a single 8" in a .57ft^3 box in my titan crew cab from under the seat LOL... not to diss to hard, but those guys have ugly spl type installs is what makes it the sorryest... my installs are all ugly too, but at least they're reasonably loud at least to me... the DD 10" also does 141.4@32hz in my wifes car lol see sig :D

uh, don't know if it's even showing...

:puzzled:

so uh, scott, did you happen to get the sub I sent in yet? just wondering as I could use some cash so I can't wait to get some recones and sell them babies :D hm... can you put an FI stickER on the cones and write reconed BY before it? :D if I'm not asking too much allready asking you to recone subs that aren't even yours :puzzled: lol

Sign in to follow this