Sign in to follow this  
Banshee

15" BL vs. Q

I hate to bring up a vs. thread, but this one seems reasonable. If you read my thread in the subwoofer section, you know my deal. Basically i want to upgrade from an avalanche and I think i have decided on either the Fi Q or BL. Both will be receiving 1200 watts and be put in a 3.5 @ 30hz enclosure.

From my other thread, i learned that the Q will probably work better in my box, but the BL will be louder in the end. I will probably build a new box come summer time better suited to whichever sub i get and to my car (hatchback=sub up).

Both subs are the same price...i won't be putting options on either...so i am pretty torn.

I have researched and found people to say the Q does not get that loud...actually that the SSD can get louder than it. I listen to more rap than rock these days, but if i get the BL i still want it to sound decent with rock. I will probably tune the new box no higher than like 33hz.

So what do you guys think? Sorry for the long thread, but i would really like to place the order soon.

BL will sound decent...but its not a sound quality champion if thats what you are looking for. It'l do fine daily driving with rap/rock in a ported enclosure.

Definetely not looking for an SQ champ. maybe 60/40 SPL/SQ mix AT BEST. I figured it wasn't going to sound like a fart cannon or anything but i wanted to make sure.

Last few questions, is 1200 watts a good amount of power, and what is an ideal box size/tuning that i should be looking into making during the summer to put the sub in.

Also, while i made the thread, might as well get a few more opinions...like do you guys think the extra output is worth the sacrifice in SQ? and i hear the Q has a very flat overall response. Is the BL like that or is just one of those low-end monsters. Anything else you would like to chime in about please do so. thanks!

Edited by Banshee

check the sticky section for box recommendations...i personally think the added output is worth the sacrifice in sq, if thats what your going for

Q's can get loud, they did very well in the big 12 challenge, but the BL's can get louder. If looking for more output over sq, I would def go for the BL's.

Sign in to follow this