Sign in to follow this  
meade916

2 BTL 12" - Box build pics

Steve, it's a little hard to tell from the pics, did you put any nails/screws of any kind in that, or just clamp till the glue set? Thanks.

Also what did you use on the kerf cuts for bonding ?

I am sure the fiberglass will strengthen it more but curious on the initial stage i saw "goo" on it...

I think I can see some small indentations in some pics where finishing nails/staples were put in, or is that the light? I just can't tell from the pics. I guess that's a good thing though, everything looks so clean.

heres a little clip to show how nice the airflow is in the box......with a blower aimed in a speaker hole, no wind goes to the other chamber but it HOWLS out of the port.......the triangle thing really diverts the air into the port :)

heres a dumb little clip to show airflow....

th_stevensbox2.jpg

tomorrow i route everything including the port.......terminals will be installed as well. Stay tuned :) now its time for me to go pound back some Coronas

Edited by meade916

Looks awsome as usual homie!

NO it looks better than awEsome :D it looks schaweeeet... can't wait til my skills can do a box HALF that nice lol. good job, make sure to measure his setup on a TL and post the results here as well ;) with a vid possibly too :D

As soon as I Nick gets back a hold of me I will order the btls and have them sent to him. This setup will probably not do that good on the tl, because it is only tuned to 34hz. But don't worry, for 2 12's this will be extremely raw loud.

-Steven-

a little black carpet to finish the job up. I think my pics would look better if i had the actual subs but allz i have is a basket to work with :)

DSC08738.jpg

DSC08742.jpg

DSC08743.jpg

DSC08744.jpg

DSC08750.jpg

DSC08751.jpg

DSC08745.jpg

DSC08752.jpg

DSC08747.jpg

look what else he is getting to go with his new box :)

DSC08800.jpg

DSC08798.jpg

DSC08815.jpg

DSC08816.jpg

DSC08818.jpg

DSC08817.jpg

DSC08819.jpg

Here it is boxed up and ready to ship......see ya later box, was nice knowin ya!

found a huge piece of cardboad out in the shop (here at my work) and made a few marks, took it to our 1 million dollar press brake (for bending metal) and put a few nice creases in it to make it easier on me. :D Everyone was lookin at me crazy droppin cardboard into the brake but it all made sense once i started wrapping the box.

DSC08826.jpg

DSC08827.jpg

DSC08829.jpg

DSC08830.jpg

DSC08831.jpg

DSC08832.jpg

DSC08833.jpg

Press brake

Hey Steve I'm an 5th year Apprentice in Sheet Metal (AC and General SM) union local 293...

What do you do ?

Sign in to follow this