Sign in to follow this  
montoya

Making another Fi purchase

I bought two 12 Fi Q subs about 4 months ago and I haven't had anything but good things to say about them. Everyone who gets a listen smiles instantly and asks me all about them. So the reason for me wanting new subs? None really, just getting a new car so I figure now would be the time to get the louder audio setup. I actually got into an accident not to long ago in my Lincoln LS and it seems to be totaled so I should be going to pickup my Audi S4 sometime this week. Anyhow, right now I have two Fi Q's in a sealed enclosure powered by a sundown 1500d. It gets pretty loud, but theres always room to get louder :coolugh: I haven't actually seen the trunk size of the S4 in person because I always forget to look, but from pictures it looks roomy. After looking online I found this, Luggage capacity: 13.67 cu. ft, which im going to assume is the trunk area. So with that said I'm in the market to buy something louder, but not completly break the bank as the S4 is already handling that job. I was thinking of getting two 15/18 BL depending on what I could fit in there powered by whatever amp(s) is reliable and gives them all they can take. I really dont know all that much about amps besides the fact that sundown makes a rock solid one. So I'm completly open to all suggestions. I want to keep some SQ, and if the opportunity ever arrises I may go to a comp but as of right now its just going to be for everyday driving. Right now I have two yellow tops and one 1500D power wise. Keeping the price for the subs/amp and a new alternator which im assuming I'll need would be ideal to keep under the 2k mark give or take a few hundred.

Oh and when I do end up buying my new setup, I'll have the two Q's and the amp forsale if they go unused.

Edited by montoya

Couple of ideas:

Port the 12's, you know who will build the box for ya :fing34:

2 BL's and another Sundown strapped. Pretty sure that's enough power for them.

Not much feedback on the SQ of the BL's though. How big is the actual trunk opening on that car as that determines what size box(s) you can actually fit? Might have to do 2 boxes like I did.

You sticking with 12's or thinking 15's?

Good luck on your decision and holler at me when you're ready....

Depending on how your trunk is set up you might be able to get 2 15" bls in there with proper space and some room for the amps. I like the idea of the 2nd sundown- sounds like a good match. If it was me-and I'm a little cheap-Id try to port them first if you like the sound of them a lot.

Too bad about the car-atleast your getting a nice replacement :)

Edited by tejcurrent

Sign in to follow this