Sign in to follow this  
rjajmr0221

staffs suggestion

recently added a new car to the family and i am looking a new install. i am currently running a 15" aa ava. off of a hifonics bx1000. i have been very happy with both of my products from aa, and seeing as how you guys are going to be responsible for their new lineup you would be the best source of information. long story short, i am looking for a sub or subs that come the closest to the sound capabilities of the ava. be it from the fi lineup or the aa lineup it really doesnt matter. the subs will be going in the gf's 05 grand am. she likes the "low rumbly bass" but also wants it "kinda loud." have a gross of 5 cuft to work with and say no more than 1500 watts for power. her musical tastes include just about anything from country, rap, pop, classic rock.... i was thinking along the lines of a single 15" Q.....but am open to any and all suggestions.- rob

15 Q is exactly what you are looking for, but dont run it more then 1500 watts unless u are careful on gains and volumn...

x2-the 15 Q seems like your best bet. If she wants to power it w/1500 all the time try a BL with the flatwind coil, if you want it to sound real nice try the copper coil. As long as you tune fairly low you should be fine.

15" Q should fit the bill nicely as others have said.

Thanks

the power isnt a problem, as i stated i didnt wanna run anymore than 1500. hoping to run around 1000, that way i dont have to do any extensive electrical upgrades. :fing34: probably gonna drop it in a 3cuft box tuned around 30-32hz :OhYeah: out of curiousity is there something in the new lineup to keep an eye out for? shes not ready to get anything just yet......

Sign in to follow this