Sign in to follow this  
allConfused

I got an Idea for SI!

you should come out with some speakers for DIY people. like some 6.5 o 8 inch midbass drivers! ive heard lots of cars with nice systems, but getting your midbass to match the sound of your sub is really hard. and in my preference i think it sounds really nice when your sub sound matches the midbass cuase it sounds more fluent.

i would def buy SI midbass stuff to match my sub, long as you dont bust out that 230 bucks per driver stuff that makes us all poor hehe.

i dunno thats just been running through my head today :)

Thanks for the suggestion. :D We actually found one that was being built, but it's not going to be made and we're really not sure how big the market is for strictly midbass drivers. From the amount of people who have purchased our components, it's not worth it at this point. :(

thats becuase to many are stupid and dont even know you make components. most people dont even know of your subs.

have you ever thought of making it to where people can buy your component systems speakers seperatly?

im not sure what all your compnent names are but lets say the basic is T1, then T2, and your best is T3

make it to where we can buy a T3 midbass, then the T2 midrange, and maybe T3 tweeters. so we can mix and match as we like and to also reflect our pricerange. i think that would be pretty cool. :wacko:

but since you arent gunna be making any midbasses, do you have any sigjestions for a pretty good midbass driver that matches up with the magnum well??

I'd do like Adire does with the Koda's. Still have the component set, but allow people to buy just the mids or just the tweets/crossover package.

So for many people out there, they can get the mids or the tweets/xover package and use it until they can afford the other half of the package.

And it makes me happy if I want to use just the mids :)

- Steve

thats exactly what i ment.

i think its a nice option to have. like you said allows for a slow upgrade too. slowly making your way to the full set.

I don't know if you guys could do it, but speaking of, a great thing you could do for the DIYer is sell "mix and match" parts, IE 2-3 basket/motor combos, a few different cones w/VCs and suspension, etc so a DIYer could assemble their own woofers to their own taste. It would save you $$ on labor and it would be alot of fun for the DIY type person.

Of course, you couldn't be held responsible for someone being completly incompetent and ruining a coil from horrible alignment, so a warranty would be tough, but I still thing it would be a fun sell to have some "make your own sub" options ;)

I don't know if you guys could do it, but speaking of, a great thing you could do for the DIYer is sell "mix and match" parts, IE 2-3 basket/motor combos, a few different cones w/VCs and suspension, etc so a DIYer could assemble their own woofers to their own taste. It would save you $$ on labor and it would be alot of fun for the DIY type person.

This is the exact reason we came out with our components. They are plug-and-play systems that sound incredible. M. Schmidt replaced his Utopia's with our 307's and has no regrets. I think that says enough about how the 307's sound. ...not just imagine that kind of SQ, but a smidge less and you've got our new 302's. :o