Sign in to follow this  
Bavarian3

suprise in the mail

so to my suprise my 12" d2 came in the mail today. It was scheduled to show up on tuesday. (Thank you FedEx!) anyways i wired it all up, my jbl 1200 at 4 ohms, so 600 watts, just to see how it does and play around with it. sealed box, 1.6 cubes after displacements.

well wow, this sub is very very accurate. its so quick. and its suprisingly loud off just 600 watts. i cant wait till i wire my jbl up to 1200 watts which will be in a day or two.

Pics will be up tonight as i dont know where my sister is and she has my cam.

side note - i didnt hear any ticking noise for most music, but i played a bass song that plays low to high notes and it seemed i heard a kind of rattle, not sure if its from the sub but illl check it out, there just seemed to be a noise there that shouldnt be there.

ill post back up soon.

Hrm...not sure about that rattling. We brought the drivers up to full excursion without any problems. ...might be the amp clipping b/c it takes a LOT more power than 600 watts to get it really throwing down.

BUT I'm glad you like it so far. :) And unlike the 15's, I'm keeping one of these 12's for myself! :P

and I'll post here in a week or so after some listening to a new d2 12 INVERTED in my camaro's hatch......I'm bettin' I won't hear a rattle either, but who knows. :)

stay tuned...

Josh

and I'll post here in a week or so after some listening to a new d2 12 INVERTED in my camaro's hatch......I'm bettin' I won't hear a rattle either, but who knows. :)

stay tuned...

Josh

*sings*ive got your sub, ive got your sub.

if you ever want to see your precious mag again you will bow down to me josh!!!

J/k :P

damn you hollis....damn you to hell. You bring that sub...or I'll put my b*lls in your milk.

"You either go to sleep, or I'll put you to sleep. See the badge? You're in my world now grandma."

-Stiller from Happy Gilmore:)

Josh

Hrm...not sure about that rattling. We brought the drivers up to full excursion without any problems. ...might be the amp clipping b/c it takes a LOT more power than 600 watts to get it really throwing down.

BUT I'm glad you like it so far. :) And unlike the 15's, I'm keeping one of these 12's for myself! :P

im pretty sure that was the case. everything is fine now. gain was too high, i only thought it could be the rattle cuz i thought 600 watts is all this sub needed to reach full excursion, but now i know, and im anxious to see what it does with 1200 watts. would it be ok to slam it with 1200 watts yet or should i wait a couple days more of playing?

damn you hollis....damn you to hell. You bring that sub...or I'll put my b*lls in your milk.

LMAO. nothing can be worse than the milk in your fridge though ;)

i might be able to stop by tommorow when i am heading back to school, ill give a call when i am close. i might need to wait until later on in the week though, because i have an assload of work to do for the first three days. ill give you a holla though.

would it be ok to slam it with 1200 watts yet or should i wait a couple days more of playing?

Yep. It'll be fine. :) We rape them a little bit before they're sent out, so it's good-to-go. :D We bring every Magnum up to full excursion before they leave here...and that's with a 2500 watt beast of an amp. You should have seen Steve's reaction when I showed him just how far the 15's actually move when they "bottom out". :slayer::slayer: I'll try to get another video with a higher frequency - say 40 Hz - that shows the excursion better.

got my 15" yesterday too, thing is a beast. Haven't hooked it up yet. My ported enclosure is being built by my shop on tuesday. Cant wait :D

the more and more i listen to it with different music, the more it just amazing me on how good it sounds. so damn clean and nice sounding. my whole system sounds great now, just need to grab an EQ soon.

like the install, clean. not my choice amps, but clean. how does the mag like that jbl?

like the install, clean. not my choice amps, but clean. how does the mag like that jbl?

the d2 does great with the JBL. Theres nothing wrong with JBL, it puts out tons of power. in a couple days im gona grab a viper 1200d to replace the jbl. the profile works perfect for my components. simple, cheap, and reliable.

the d2 does great with the JBL. Theres nothing wrong with JBL, it puts out tons of power. in a couple days im gona grab a viper 1200d to replace the jbl. the profile works perfect for my components. simple, cheap, and reliable.

Nice install man.. let us know how your viper 1200d performs on the mag once you get it.. I'm considering one myself.

-Marcus