Sign in to follow this  
trey4sports

BL's SQ ?

for my next setup im thinking about possibly doing either 2 18" BL's or 2 18" BTL's, i know it would be much easier on my electrical system running two BL's rather than 2 BTL's. but i have a couple questions. first is 2K RMS enough for each fully loaded BL ? second, would a BL get louder on 2K RMS than a BTL ? and third does the BL have better SQ than a BTL ? thanks in advance

To be straight...you can't power 2 BLs like they want with a stock electrical system.

I say get a new alternator, some xtra batterys, and a couple BTL's.

i was never going too...im gettin a 300 amp alt from iraggi, but what i was insinuating is that 8K RMS is going to make any electrical system work much harder...but no im nowhere near dumb enough to try and power 4k rms out of a stock electrical thats flat stupid..

"i know it would be much easier on my electrical system running two BL's rather than 2 BTL's."

What difference does the sub type matter? It's all about the wattage. 2kw to a bl is the same as 2kw to a btl.

So...2kw is too much for bl's (so I've heard). But it's great for btl's.

300amps...how many batterys?

With a BL and all options it should handle 2K with no issues....

Actually the subs can make a difference on the electrical being if one sub is more efficient then the other.... but it wouldn't be the sub DIRECTLY impacting the electrical but the amplifier.. a less efficient sub will push an amp harder than a more efficient sub... So you can't say 2k on a BTL is the same as 2k on a Bl without any influx on the electrical...

But dopey you are correct in that the sub doesn't directly affect the electrical but rather the amps do...

because if i did a BTL setup i would power each one with 4k and if i did a bl i would power with 2k.... so that is where the elctrical system comes in... and secondly i was just curious as to effiiciency of the bl vs btl out of sheer curiosity

Trey that would depend on the amount of wattage and options you get...

even the enclosure impacts a subs efficiency

I suggest you contact staff of Fi

That type of question should b asked to nick, shawn or scott directly

nick and shawn are fast to reply so either Email nick or pm shawn)

Edited by theabunai

thats cool no biggie, but what i really am trying to figure out is how the BL perofrms in the SQ dep ? i know its between the Q and BTL, but does it retain sq even at higher volumes, because i know a lot of good spl woofers lose control when you really push them and notes become less transient and blend together

BTL 18" Spl: 94.9dB 1W/1m | 95.1dB 1W/1m

BL 18" Spl: 92.5dB 1W/1m | 92.6dB 1W/1m

The Fi website says the BTL is more effecient.

Sign in to follow this