meistah

it's alive

after much frustration, a blown amp, and unnecessary investments...my system is finally working...it consists of 2 maw 15s running off a viper 1200.1d, some nextar canadian tire deck, cerwin vega components, infinity rears(now blown, heheh)....i am amazed with it...with a very conservative gain setting, no bass boost or equalization it absolutely pounds, and blends fairly well with the speakers...ive heard alot of bad things about 15 inch subs being muddy and undefinined...but hot damn the maws sound sharp, just as crisp and punchy as a pair of 10s imo...i have yet to actually listen to the system at its full potential, as i blew the rear speakers and im going to put new ones in before i crank it all the way again..but yeah they are very nice speakers, i think i might take one out and build a new box for just 1 15 as that would probably be more than enough for me

Hehe yup, the MAW's are quite clean subs, and will surprise a lot of people into not believeing they're actually 15's.

It's fun cranking em :D

o i love them...just played some test tones on them with the gains set properly and its ridonkulous....i really wanna get it metered to see how loud it really is...ive heard cars that were metered at mid 130s and they didnt sound nearly as loud as my system does, so i have high hopes for it :fing34:

o i love them...just played some test tones on them with the gains set properly and its ridonkulous....i really wanna get it metered to see how loud it really is...ive heard cars that were metered at mid 130s and they didnt sound nearly as loud as my system does, so i have high hopes for it :fing34:

whats the setup? box size? tuning if any? i plan on porting my maw this week-end i think. just gotta get my hands on a 6" aero. wood should be cut and together for the most part this week-end. just gotta get a port.

my single maw 15" pounds sealed, but i yearn for just a bit more output. and i agree very clean subs.

they dont seem to like the higher bass though, but i also have a large sealed box which accounts for some of it.

the maws are getting bout 5-600watts from the viper...in a 3.something cuft sealed box....i think it needs something a bit bigger, as it doesnt have as much output for the lows(under 40hz) as i might like...that being said they are hella loud on any note they hit, i really like that they dont jsut go boom boom boom, as alot of setups that ive heard do, so ill probably stuff the box

ahh, tried to get you guys vids but the battery on my camera died right away...heres the pics i did manage to get...excuse the wire shavings...if youve read any of my other posts youll understand, lol

P1050312.jpg

P1050311.jpg

P1050310.jpg

lol, glad you like it...o and dont base my woodworking skills on the appearance of that box...it ended up being too large when i went to put it in so i had to take it out, take the top off and shave about 2 inches off the overall height of the box...then it started raining so i whipped it back together really quickly...hence the sloppy cutting into the box and the bulges where the screws were put in poorly...ill probably make a new box that fills the entire trunk, as i have alot of wasted space, and something to mount the amp so i can have that seat back...but its all fine for now

If youve seen my build log, youd know im not one to judge others woodworking skills :)

well, im hoping the correct tools will help that. But how does it sound on different genres of music?

suprisingly, it was very musical. i threw lots of stuff at it, rap(big suprise) some metal, rock, pop...it obviously gets hella loud with rap music...but it was amazing listening to songs like x-amount of words by blue october or down with the sickness by disturbed...heck it even kept up with stuff by in flames, which has very fast and detailed drums...it defined the drum beats very well without making them sound overexaggerated or boomy, i love it :D

Edited by meistah

Looks like fun. It is interesting how many people are using the MAW-15s sealed, they seem to be answering the call of my people who want large cone surface but dont have the space or want to spend the cash for ported.

Yea, they seem to be the most common the MAW's. If you have the space, why not. I wish i could fit 5 cubes, tuned low. But i think sealed will be just fine.

now get those vids:)

ahh, i dunno if i can get a vid for a few days yet...im in kind of a quiet neighborhood and theres kids on either side out in their driveways playing...id probably piss off alot of people if i cranked the system up...just know its very loud, lol...ive never actually had the subs going at full excursion yet, but you can see the hatch bouncing and the windshield wiper rattling right off the glass :D

got a buddy to take a couple vids...they are kinda short and crappy...but o well

this is with the gains set very conservatively...subs are probably only getting about 4-500 watts each

th_MOV05278.jpg

th_MOV05279.jpg

Very nice. Looks like theyre not moving much, but with that much cone area.......well.......

I'm going to go with one ported for now, and later if I want to upgrade, Ill try two sealed.

yeah, subs were not going at full excursion, like i said it was a bad vid, i was still tweaking stuff when my buddy was filming....when they are cranked you cant really hear the music at all when the subs are hitting, lol

haha...i just grabbed my dogs little stuffed animal, it was the only one i could find....however i really need to get the trunk fixed, it rattles so bad its nasty...its mostly the spoiler i think, but i dont know how to fix it