Sign in to follow this  
Casey1217

Q15 vs 2 BL 12's

Hey im Casey and right now i have a q15 in a 5 cuft boz tuned to 40 htz and i love the sound but i just want it louder so ive been th inking about maybe gettin 2 loaded daily bl 12s and running 1500 at a 1 ohm load daily do you th ink that would be louder than 1500 in one Q15 and i drive a 94 jeep grand cherokee?

just post your response

Hey im Casey and right now i have a q15 in a 5 cuft boz tuned to 40 htz and i love the sound but i just want it louder so ive been th inking about maybe gettin 2 loaded daily bl 12s and running 1500 at a 1 ohm load daily do you th ink that would be louder than 1500 in one Q15 and i drive a 94 jeep grand cherokee?

just post your response

Are you gonna run 1500 PER SUB at 1 ohm? If that is the case, it will be considerably louder but at the cost of SQ... Even if it were 1500 for the two, I would then reccommend a pair of SSD 12's or a BL fully loaded for the 1500 alone. Just be gently on gains. If you are gonna run 2 BL's off 1500 Watts (750 each) you are wasting your $ right now...they will not be near full potential.

Edited by SilverBane

SilverBane i would be runnin both BL's with 1500 a piece id be using a Digital Audio DAD1504 i already have one and i can get the other really cheap i think around 300 oor so but what would be the dif between 2 SSD's and 2 BL's i know BL is more SPL which is what i want but what about the SSD

personally id suggest 2 12" ssd's with copper coils, i'm more of a mix of sq and spl guy, and i have 1000 watts to a 12" q and it plenty, i heard 2 ssds with around 1500 watts going to the pair with some copper coils will sound nice in both ported and sealed

SilverBane i would be runnin both BL's with 1500 a piece id be using a Digital Audio DAD1504 i already have one and i can get the other really cheap i think around 300 oor so but what would be the dif between 2 SSD's and 2 BL's i know BL is more SPL which is what i want but what about the SSD

If you are able to run 2 BL's at 1500 per sub, go for that. Will be a Very nice upgrade in SPL!

Yeah silverbane its gonna take me a couple weeks but ill hopefully move away from 143.3 with that q and up my numbers but ill post something when i get it

Sign in to follow this