Sign in to follow this  
Duaber

remote question

I've never used the remote on my past amps because they never came w/ one so I want to ask what does the remote control when set to max. Max gain on the amp or max gain set by the amp?

I've never used the remote on my past amps because they never came w/ one so I want to ask what does the remote control when set to max. Max gain on the amp or max gain set by the amp?

It controls bass boost doesn't it? I could be wrong... As you can tell I've never really bothered with the things either.

Edited by element

The knob will only go as high as the gain on the amp. It is ONLY a gain reducer, it can never go higher than your amp gain setting.

And apparantly it's on YOUR 100.4 too!

You ask questions about hardware on stuff you own?

is that on ALL sundown amps? or just the class d? they are usually bass boost on most other brands right?

All Sundown remotes are gain knobs. Some companies do supply a bass boost knob, although that is usually limited to "bling" companies like MA Audio in my experience.

just out of curiosity, but are DD knobs, gain knobs or bass boost knobs???

They are gains.

And apparantly it's on YOUR 100.4 too!

You ask questions about hardware on stuff you own?

umm, yes i do. i like to know what everything does. i don't use it on my 100.4 though. and fyi, above the remote connection on the amp it says "bass remote", so that is why i wondered. why wouldn't i ask a question if i wasn't sure about it's purpose? just so i don't look stupid? i'd rather look stupid than use it for the wrong purpose and be stupid.

They are gains.

Thank you once again jacob.

Sign in to follow this