Sign in to follow this  
rjajmr0221

real world power

i am new to zed audio's products and was wondering how they rated, specifically the deuce and minilith. are the ratings pretty much spot on, or are the underated? if they are underated by how much? i am going to be doing a new install over the course of the next few months and i'm trying to narrow down the equip. to be used. i am hoping to reach 1000-1200 for the sub stage and 100-150 for the comps. am i looking in the right direction or should i move on to something different? :thanx: rob

Here are the specs for the Mini. Steve stays pretty true to his word when it comes to his amps. I'm running two Mini bridged to a pair of AA Arsenals. I don't run them very hot, I know they can handle the power and the crossover and EQ is fantastic on his amps. Hope this helps.

Typical Continuous Output power into1 ohm 650wx1

Typical Continuous Output Power into 2 ohm 480wx1

Typical Continuous Output Power into 4 ohm 260wx1

Continuous Output Power 2 channels bridged into 2 ohm 1,200w x 1

Continuous Output Power 2 channels bridged into 4 ohm 800w x 1

Continuous Output Power 2 channels bridged into 8 ohm 400w x 1

Most of the ZED built amps that I have been around are underratted.

so basically to achieve the power i am looking for i would have to strap 2 mini. together? if it helps the sub i have my eye on is a 15" fi q. is one mini. underated enough to sufficently power the q? again, or would i have to strap 2? thanks for the help so far guys. i am just not familiar enough with the product so i am trying to do as much homework as possible....rob :fing34:

From what I understand you do not need to power the Q to its rms to get great performance out of it. But if you want to run ZED and push the Q closer to its limits, then you will probably need to strap a pair of miniliths. What you could do is buy one, try it out and if you feel it is not enough out put, then order a second one. ;)