Sign in to follow this  
djkloudz

Two mono amps to my BTL

So are you saying that i need to upgrade my alternator to keep up with the current draw?? I already upgraded to the big 3 and got a yellow top. I'm gonna be running a total of 3 amps, the third one for my door speakers. Can you explain to me how i should go about making my BTL perform at its best?? If having two 1600w mono block amps, isnt doing it, then should i just get one amp that pushes out 3000w rms??

So are you saying that i need to upgrade my alternator to keep up with the current draw?? I already upgraded to the big 3 and got a yellow top. I'm gonna be running a total of 3 amps, the third one for my door speakers. Can you explain to me how i should go about making my BTL perform at its best?? If having two 1600w mono block amps, isnt doing it, then should i just get one amp that pushes out 3000w rms??

With the two hifonics you are only seeing 2200 watts. b/c you are at 2 ohms per amp.

is there another way of doin this that wont make me go out and buy a dmm?

If you don't own a DMM, you really have no business doing anything electrical yourself...

is there another way of doin this that wont make me go out and buy a dmm?

If you don't own a DMM, you really have no business doing anything electrical yourself...

Maybe anything is a bit extreme, but def. need it for anything worth doing. You really shouldn't be playing that sub w/ one amp per coild if you haven't set the gains w/ a dmm. Those hifonics put out 1100 @ 2 ohms, 1600 @ 1, so your gaining very little- as audio-neon said. Yes, you would be better off getting 1 3000 watt amp, to answer your question bluntly. Here's a thought though, which would be cheaper/better, 1 3000 watt amp, or another btl with dual 1ohm coils and a DMM?

Well, i decided to say fudge it and took it to a reputable audio shop in Dallas. AT least they'll warranty everything. Yanno whut, another btl might not b too bad, but i kno the bxi1606 can hardly push the btl to its full potential. I would have to get something that push out at least 2500w. hmmm... does anyone wanna trade two practically brand new hifonics bxi1606 for an amp that will push my btl to its limit?

I just got my whole set up, up n running. And all i can say is it POUNDS!!

i got:..

Stock alt

optima yellow top

0 gauge wiring

big 3

2 hifonics 1600w

1 zxi6406

250+ lb box [double baffled]

I'm not so regretful of my decision to use 2 amps. It hits the low notes with incredible ferocity, even in my Denali!! I would love to own an ext cab truck again so i could see how it would pound in there!! LOVE IT!

Sign in to follow this