Sign in to follow this  
Grim

Fun night..

yea around here in ohio its all about MTX or Sony xpload. I was having a problem with my amp cutting off because of these cheap ass lanzar subs i had were messed up or something ...couldnt run them at 1 ohm but i can run 1 ohm on everything else i have ever had on this amp. Anyways Im at bestbuy looking at the $150 price tag on some kenwood subs and some guy comes up and is like "can i help you find anything" Im just like nah im looking around ...as he turns to walk away i say "well i do have a question" asked him what he think the problem may be with my amp cutting off when getting a 1 ohm load. The first thing he says is "what kind of amp is it?" i tell him Hifonics 1500D and he just walks me over to the amps and shows me some MTX amps, kenwood amps. Then he tells me "yea man that amp is trash ...you need to go with one of these kenwood or mtx amps. that would fix the problem for sure!" so im all asking him about 1 ohm loads and wiring dual batts ...just bs'ing him around he tells me to wait here and he'll get a tech to answer any of my questions. as he walks away so do i. I thought it was funny as HELL!!!

I didn't have the original box for my cdt 6.5 components (which I think are great little speakers) so I packed them up in a shoe box. I needed a spacer because the magnets are so big they wouldn't let the window on my yukon lower, so I went to circuit city to let them put them in and save myself the effort of cutting out something :(

The dumbass there looked at them and said I should've gone with the infinity reference series coaxials, where the hell did I find this off-brand crap and that it looked like I found those POS somewhere by the road. One guy actually knew that they're good stuff, but that shows that 'installers' can have an attitude and be ignorant about it. The same guy told me my hifonics 2006d wasn't as good as the sony xplode amps they had in stock, but he shut the F up whenever he heard that first btl on the one amp, and when he heard how clean those cdts sound.

hmmm...sounds familiar. i went to my local shop a few months ago to pick up some spare fuses and got to talking with the manager with whom i usually deal with. he remarked about not seeing me around for a while. long story short, he asked to hear what i was currently running, so we went outside. i popped in a mix cd i had and he was amazed. we got all done and he says..."i see you finally picked up that w7 we have been talking about..." i told him not exactly. when i told him it was an aa ava. and i only paid 250.00 for it he about crapped his pants. a few weeks later he asked me how to get ahold of one, when i politely asked him...."are you sure you dont want a w7..." hes never given me crap about my equip. since..... :OhYeah:

Wow, I guess i am really lucky with my shop.

I walk in the door and they ask me what I want, they don't even make suggestions to me, unless it is the owner or two of the installers, who compete for team image dynamics, the rest of the employees, just ask me what i need. I don't even have to put down deposit anymore, i have spent so much money there.

So today in my infinite noob-ness, i went through 3 mini anl fuses, and got lucky as hell b/c when i installed my equipment at 5:30 am i wired my power to my ground and visa versa on my semi-broken DD m1 amp. So after i finally figure out what i did, sitting in audio obsessions parking lot. I turn on the system (2 10" diamond d1's in a 2ft^3 ported box and start setting my gains, and this kid who i remember from best-buy about 3 months early parks next to me. (i had given him a-obs business card) Some small talk, eventually leads to him criticizing my puny tens, and that his mtx 12's were better blah blah. So I talk to the owner, set up the tl and we both pull inside. The kid hit 119 on "2000 sony watts" I blasted a 137 from the trunk of a neon on ~800 watts from the trunk of a neon both played a 20-60 hz sine wave and mine is a trunk vehicle, vs a crx.

It really surprises me how brain washed some installers get when they work for a company...

they all nut hug the products they install...

When i was installing i was so open minded i was the only "fool" (as i was referred to at times) that actually wanted to install outside Equipment.... Mainly cause i wanted to hear everything that was out there to better myself with knowledge and also to be able to spot great products for my own car....

It really surprises me how brain washed some installers get when they work for a company...

they all nut hug the products they install...

When i was installing i was so open minded i was the only "fool" (as i was referred to at times) that actually wanted to install outside Equipment.... Mainly cause i wanted to hear everything that was out there to better myself with knowledge and also to be able to spot great products for my own car....

That is why i love my shop. They are constantly bringing in new products for me (or the two installers previously mentioned) to test and give reviews on. A-Obs decides what brands it is going to carry from actual demo's, not just number crunching.

Ha nothing to do with loudness, but tonight, I pull into the same gas station, its me in a Big black SUV with rap wanging out of my subs. Country boy to the heart...i got my chit kickers, car hart and jeans on...

Next to me, a cobalt in bright canary yellow with body kit, rims and all the other fun chit they do, is parked...Out hops a kid blacker than black, dressed like he just came out of the ghetto, with tim mcgraw playing loud as fudge on a what sounded stock system...

People must have thought we got into the wrong cars..

Ha nothing to do with loudness, but tonight, I pull into the same gas station, its me in a Big black SUV with rap wanging out of my subs. Country boy to the heart...i got my chit kickers, car hart and jeans on...

Next to me, a cobalt in bright canary yellow with body kit, rims and all the other fun chit they do, is parked...Out hops a kid blacker than black, dressed like he just came out of the ghetto, with tim mcgraw playing loud as fudge on a what sounded stock system...

People must have thought we got into the wrong cars..

That is funny as hell, When i was in High School there was a black dude that always wore a cowboy hat and at the school talent show he was singin some country chit. just think its funny :P

My bro and I often are confused to not be brothers because we have different biological moms, so I look white as hell and he.. is obviously mixed. Well, he's got a big red chevy 2500, with bigass tires, tool box and whip for his CB radio-of course topped off with mud from the last ditch. I've got a dark blue yukon w/ dark tint and enough weight in subs/enclosure that I've had people ask if it's been lowered. People often confuse who drives what. ;)

Did not know there was a jackalope problem in NY ;)

Did not know there was a jackalope problem in NY ;)

Are you kidding me, theres a huge problem with jakcalope's in New York. We cant seem to get rid of them as they are constantly multiplying with other jakcalope's.

jackalope.JPG

Think about what i really said...cause its true

Haha, ok so..theres this kid at work. New kid..hes 25 and cocky as fudge. So anyways tonight were walking out to our cars and he starts asking me about my system. I tell him everything I have an he goes on about how he had 2 15in L7s in a 3cube box tuned to 13hz that he build himself powered by one kicker 1000w amp. First of all he claimed it was 8000 dollars for that and the headunit. I just kinda chuckled but let it go, then he tells me that the guys at the shop i normally visit metered his durango at 174.0 db's and said that he could go higher but it would make the doors blow off...

I just said wow really, thats bad ass...

Haha, ok so..theres this kid at work. New kid..hes 25 and cocky as fudge. So anyways tonight were walking out to our cars and he starts asking me about my system. I tell him everything I have an he goes on about how he had 2 15in L7s in a 3cube box tuned to 13hz that he build himself powered by one kicker 1000w amp. First of all he claimed it was 8000 dollars for that and the headunit. I just kinda chuckled but let it go, then he tells me that the guys at the shop i normally visit metered his durango at 174.0 db's and said that he could go higher but it would make the doors blow off...

:greddy2:

:greddy2:

Haha, if only you realized how funny that is to me...

I was wondering if anyone noticed that..not only that but only 3 cubes...that the minimum recommended for 1 sub...

Dude people are becoming dumber with me gone.......I gotta come back home

J

LOL people in my town love them fosgates. and explodes.

lol guys round here have never even heard of a TL and they all talk about how there chit hit 150 db and chit, and noone in town has a TL so how do they figure that?

"Man, when i can hear you a block away you must be hittin like 140-145 dbs, man its SCIENCE"

WTF?

I had a shop pull out the 'boom stick' to measure my car once lol :) (for those unfamiliar hit up the auto section at walmart with $20).

I was like, what do I do, it already reached 129.8, and it stays there from a volume of 10 up, and I'm not even cranking it yet? "It means you're hitting almost 130. LOL. Apparently my 2 18s on 8k watts are as loud as my single 12" alpine type-x on 1300 watts. To me its common sense, but that's just not very common anymore- ignorance is contagious :greddy2:

Whenever I talk about my subs to anyone who says they know about spl comps tells me that my 150s from my 18s is pitiful, they're hitting 160+ with whatever crap was on blue-light special. I've had a dozen people tell me their 12s are hitting 170dbs, that I should let them look at my setup to see what I'm doing wrong. :ughdunno:

Maybe it's because I didn't get jensen, or some mainstream brand? :D

Most people for some reason like to say the # 170 dbs, when they're lucky to be pulling 120s, dunno why, but I guess it has a ring to it.

Edited by tejcurrent

Sign in to follow this