Sign in to follow this  
Grim

Fun night..

Just a short story, i thought I would share.

Im not expert, but i try to keep my mouth shut. However, i always run into kids who know nothing, but like to run there mouths like they do.

So anyways, I went to the bank to drop of a deposit and then stopped at the mobile to get some cigs. As im coming out, theres this kid in a Tracker parked right next to me. I mean i have to squeeze in my door hes so close. So i go to hop in the jeep and he says yo dawg whats up. Im pretty friendly so I made small talk with him.

Anyways, he finally says, so you want to buy a system or know anyone who does. And I said nah, im not really into that chit hoping to get off the subject. So he goes into how sick this system is and blah blah blah. From what I can see theres a Pyle Cd player in the dash and from he explains 2 lightening audio 12's and a 300w amp powering them. He was unsure of the brand but he assured me that this chit was tight. So i just said yeah i'm not really interested and closed my door(window was down so not to be rude)

I started the jeep and my in dash flipped out and he said oh you got a system in that. I told him I had a little done to it(Not including the FI and Amp to power that about 2 grand worth). So he asks what sub. I Tell him FI and he just kinda looks at me with this weird look and says, what the fudge is that. So i told him it was just a cheap sub I bought at the flea market. He laughed and said yeah it sounds cheap, iv never heard of that brand before(Meanwhile im thinking well damn if you haven't heard of it, then it must suck).

So anyways, he now tells me that his system will blow mine out of the water and that he will give it to me for 400 bucks and throw in the CD player. I again declined and said I had to run. He keeps talking, and I hit play...the first song is ending and 50 cent-many men is up next...Those of you who know the song, know that it starts off with very light punchy bass, it hits but about as hard a couple 8in subs..and then the bass line drops and its just gobs of deep ass bass...

So he kinda laughs and starts to say something about his subs hitting harder and then BOOM BOOM BOOM....He jumped out of his seat, dropped his soda and just gave me this look.

I just pulled away smiling from ear to ear...

That is all..

Awesome job grim, i'm sure the next time he hears the words Fi, he is gonna plug his ears in advance!

The best thing is its only a BL with 1000w(if that)...

sweet story i hope i get a chance at somthing like that. i live in a small ass town wher all the kids around here think that x-plodes are bangin

sweet story i hope i get a chance at somthing like that. i live in a small ass town wher all the kids around here think that x-plodes are bangin

Yeah, everyone around here thinks their xplodes or type-rs slam hard.

Great story.

I tell you though, call me a SOB, cause I like to bet guys like that :D easiest $ you could make. I always say, well, I got the sub offline, Fi, (of course they've never heard of it) and the amp was discounted (which it was about as low as the dealer could go). They wanna bet their 15's/crapload of 12s are louder, or that the 18s sound like chit- you say, well lets make a little wager and make yourself sound like you dont know wtf you're talking about- they'll take the bet and you'll take their money. ;)

Haha, I have a similar story, but about teh same story and outcome. Kid doesn't know what Fi is, thinks his Sony's were better. I told him, hey then, pull them up and we will see if mine can even compete with yours. He does, and I say, " man its not even worth it, you win", he got all happy, then I started up my car put on "the blow", and drove away, I looked back as I turned it on and his head jolted around, and his smile turned into a mouth droping wide open.

Fi-2 Kids who think they know their $hit-0

since i got a Q, whenever i tell someone i have an Fi sub and they've never heard of it, i tell them it's a sound quality sub not meant to get loud. then i show it off :D

i've amazed a few people already

haha, awesome... you knew inside when he first opened his mouth that you would shut him up in the end...

i had a guy telling me that since they were 2 18"s that they have to be loud but 18"s are crap because they arent punchy or accurate. he knows all this because he plays a guitar some and wouldnt use an 18" for that setup because they are less than musical.

well i proved him wrong in every aspect. they are punchy, damn punchy. accurate, its awesome how they can even keep up with heavy metal and fast beat stuff. low end with nothing but authority. and loud? sure, why not... :)

I got my Q on catalog order... LoL.. it was Scott who sent me the catalog. Anyway from where I came from MTX or Kicker are GODS...really!

Same here

JL, Kicker and MTX are the "bad-asses"here in hawaii...

you guys keep this crap up and i'm gonna have to think twice about putting an Fi sticker on my car LOL

I remember when I went to my so called respected local audio shop who won SPL and SQ competition and talked to the owner. He recommended me MTX subs which he said is the ultimate SQ sub. When I ask him about brahma, he gives me this look for 2 minutes and said thats a cheap ass sub.

Anyway I almost turn my ass to Kicker before Scott sent me the catalog....LOL

All I gotta say is Grim we need to meet up when I get back in town.........I got somethin for the locals in mind hehehehehe......

J

Yeah, everyone around here thinks their xplodes or type-rs slam hard.

Great story.

I tell you though, call me a SOB, cause I like to bet guys like that :D easiest $ you could make. I always say, well, I got the sub offline, Fi, (of course they've never heard of it) and the amp was discounted (which it was about as low as the dealer could go). They wanna bet their 15's/crapload of 12s are louder, or that the 18s sound like chit- you say, well lets make a little wager and make yourself sound like you dont know wtf you're talking about- they'll take the bet and you'll take their money. ;)

Around here its the same ways. When I had my Type R's everyone was soo amazed by them. And well, they were loud, but no where near as loud as my Fi nor did they have the authority it does. Tqo Type R's in a sealed 3^3 sealed box with 1000w are the loudest subs in the county and i have two colleges 10 minutes away, Mine were the loudest before I took them out. The kid that has the other type R's tried to get me to buy Audio Bahns, claims his buddy was hitting 178db with 2 12in and 1300 watts... I just laughed at him...

Whats funny, is we both bought them because we loved alpine...I have no clue how popular they were untill i started surfing the car audio forums...

BTW did u go see my boy and get metered?

J

Nice job. There are buttloads of those kids running around my area.

Sounds like many experiences I had so far. Not even with the 15" Fi BL sub that I will get whenever it gets shipped out....thats a different story.

BUT in my little Scion tC, there lies a box that is ~2.5cuft ported to 32Hz with a 12" RE SX in there powered by a RF T10001BD. I remember this one time a little car show and they had a db drag, I line up and bust out a 139db. People was like WTF you have in there? 2 12s?.... I was like no. Even the people that ran the thing wow that is loud for a daily driver set up what do you really have in there. I open the trunk to their amazement they see a single 12". Everyone jaws dropped. Even the guy that ran the thing he had 2 12" DD in his sunfire and was barely able to pull off 140db... felt bad for him. I ended up taking 1st place over all and 1st place in my class. All for one measly 12" sub. Not to include all the car alarms that I set off with that setup...

Can't wait til I have that 15incher in a 3.5cuft box tuned to 30hz, I will make the girls happy. Hopefully it will be loud enough to do some hair tricks!!

15" BL sub with 1500watts from T10001bd... ????db... only time will tell

I had a similar experience today (Just added the 2nd memphis 4k so 2 BTL 18s on 8000 watts). I was driving by the local college to drop off my bro, and I had some music playing. No bass, but as I was passing the bus stop the bass finally kicked in-damn those were some heads turning fast, one guy almost spilled the drink in his hand. :) As I passed the athletic field the runners stopped running to turn around, and on the far end where there was some kind of practice going on I just see 20-some people turn around and stare at me going around -they were on the other end of the running track (about the size of a football field). It made me happy in the pants... couldn't get metered yet, but it's soooo low and loud. Gonna get a vid of a hair trick as soon as I can. Then my bro called to tell me he heard me on the other side of the campus. :D

BTW did u go see my boy and get metered?

J

Nah there on winter hours right now so there never in the shop...

Tejcurrent-

I know that feeling lol. I have to turn it down when i drive by my girls work or she will call and ask if im near by(when i dont feel like visiting) One day, I had Dem Jeans playing, on the highway doing 50 or so...and she heard me through the glass doors on the front of the store from about 100-125 yards away...

I remember when I went to my so called respected local audio shop who won SPL and SQ competition and talked to the owner. He recommended me MTX subs which he said is the ultimate SQ sub. When I ask him about brahma, he gives me this look for 2 minutes and said thats a cheap ass sub.

Anyway I almost turn my ass to Kicker before Scott sent me the catalog....LOL

hmmm...sounds familiar. i went to my local shop a few months ago to pick up some spare fuses and got to talking with the manager with whom i usually deal with. he remarked about not seeing me around for a while. long story short, he asked to hear what i was currently running, so we went outside. i popped in a mix cd i had and he was amazed. we got all done and he says..."i see you finally picked up that w7 we have been talking about..." i told him not exactly. when i told him it was an aa ava. and i only paid 250.00 for it he about crapped his pants. a few weeks later he asked me how to get ahold of one, when i politely asked him...."are you sure you dont want a w7..." hes never given me crap about my equip. since..... :OhYeah:

Good story grim. It's nice to see that you didn't drop to his level and stayed polite about it all.... THEN laid down the hammer!

I just love hearing stories like these, all the boys in my town are in love with thier cromed out audiobahn $hit and i was beating the hell out of all of them with 2 pioneer 12"s i cant wait for 2 18s (ordering this week!!!) they wont know what hit them!!

Sign in to follow this